Nvidia Shield TV pro device

Just finished setting up my new Shield. I am trying to download ES file manager explorer but it does not come up in Google Play. Looking for this specifically but can’t seem to get it to come up in the search. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Thank you for the info. When I installed it, the system said it might not be a safe app but it did let me install but it is an older version. Is there a way to get to the newest version for ES file manager?

2 Likes

I would still recommend using the Toolbox version if at all possible. Troy makes sure they are safe. An older version of a file explorer shouldnt be a big deal, as they normally dont have many features that change.

Make sure you disable Auto Update and Play Protect in the Play Store.

2 Likes

Also, in my haste to get things set up, I mistakenly allowed google to record my voice prompts. Where do I go to change all my privacy settings in Shield?

1 Like

Your Google Privacy setting are located within Google.

Really like the shield so far except the remote select button. The design is not nearly as good as an Amazon remote (my opinion).

1 Like

Maybe the Shield remote is an acquired taste, but I love it. Also would recommend this:

Amazon.com: Remote Case Compatible for NVIDIA Shield Android TV Pro/4K HDR Remote Controller,Protective Case Covers for NVIDIA Shield Remote Control,Anti Slip Shockproof Silicone Cover Sleeve Skin -Black : Electronics

1 Like

Second that. I love the remote too. Just takes a little getting used to.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.