No Firestick so need help

Last summer I saved up and bought the latest TCL with Google tv. Will they be checking my tv apps?

1 Like

Google policies seem to be updated on a regular basis, so we’ll have to wait and see.

That is so crazy but we will see!

I can’t really see Amazon locking down the Fire TV devices either, a good portion of their sales would drop off as lets face it, most people that buy Fire TV devices these days are for IPTV and side loaded apps for various content. Well…anyone I know off anyway…lol

2 Likes

I don’t think Amazon really gives a you-know-what about the relatively few people who sideload apps onto the firestick (except a couple that get too close to the operating system - launchers, etc). They basically give away the Firestick to get the vast majority of people to subscribe to their services.

2 Likes

It’s all about marketing. A couple years ago I was looking for a couple front tires for my Rider lawn mower. The manufacturers wanted something like 60 bucks for two tires. Within 3 days I got an email advertisement from Walmart and Home Depot selling me this is the same tires for 30 bucks. What does that tell you somebody was watching my apps and my searches. And I’m curious because I’ve never had that happen to me again. And actually it was kind of nice because I was able to get the tires for half price the same exact tires.

1 Like

that happens all the time look at something for sale and your facebook feed has it a million times

1 Like

Heck, if you talk in your sleep Amazon, Google, and everyone else is listening in!

It’s gotten so bad I have to turn off my phone and tablet when I say “Hey, Google” to activate my Assistant on my Nvidia! They started arguing with each other! lol

Hey Paul
I do not use firesticks anymore, ufordinary they are the cheapest rtho But I use Nvidia shield and you can get them from Amazon, They are $149 and the cool thing is they are 4k and they upscale to 4k. they are their own processor so no updates to take away from side loaded apps. They are chrome and google store based. I love them and have no issues with spinning or delays.

2 Likes

Everyone thank you for your time and info I really appreciate you. I love the patience you smart people have with dinosaurs like me. I love this community! I posted another issue of wanting to know what DVR can I buy that will let me side load kodi or whatever onto it. I have media com cable and have a cable card to go into it. I tried a tivo edge but it didn’t work. Need to stay under the 200 dollar range. Any info would help. Thanks agin y’all

Found recently that one of the apps I got the firestick for has now down a upgrade and it won’t work anymore, because of IOS version 6 in the Firestick 4k. So over time yes the firestick will become less useful

IOS V 6 in the stick? What do you mean. The sticks are FireTV OS.

Sorry I meant the Firestick OS version is the problem. I am only going on what I’ve read from others who have had problems with the app I need (Kayo spots) and it seems that it is the version in the 4k not the 4k max is the problem. I’m not an expert at this, but it is now a game changer for me to continue with Firestick now

Ya there are a number of apps that developers have updated and don’t work so well on older sticks. I only use the Max as it’s often on sale for just $35 and with added storage the Max is very easy to use and I’ve not had any 3rd party app issues.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.