No audio cached torrents

i get no audio in 1080p cached torrents but SD cached torrents for same program are usually fine.

1 Like

@seadog301

Welcome to our community.

This has been discussed before as a new user I’d suggest the search function.

If you are using mx player you have to hVe a codec installed for it to run, also make sure hw+ is on.

1 Like

I tried the search button first with no hits. I’m using whatever player comes with Kodi.

1 Like

@seadog301

Kodis player is good. What device? Are you playing audio threw a stereo or surround sound or anything?

If not make sure 2.0 channel audio is on abd enabled pass-through

1 Like

I’m using Nvidia Pro with audio running through sony receiver

1 Like

@seadog301

Okay then you need to make sure in kodi your audio pass-through is enabled.

If you are using 5.1 7.1 that has to be setup as well. Make sure you are going through your kodi audio settings.

1 Like

I should have said that this seems to only happen on 1080p cached torrents.

1 Like

audio pass-through is enabled. output optimized and set to 5.0 as I don’t have a sub woofer yet

1 Like

Shouldn’t be any issues with 1080p links. Are you using fiber optic for audio to the receiver and nvidia then hdmi to tv?

I think what’s happing is some links are trying to go through the hdmi with audio.

Edit:

Nvida there is no fiber optic. Probably a issue mentioned below.

1 Like

Shield Pro does not have optical audio. Video and audio go hdmi to tv and then audio goes from tv to receiver

1 Like

Not sure why this would only be for cached torrents. Did you try other 1080p links that are not cached and they worked?

In the Kodi settings where you turned on passthrough make sure all the other settings match what your receiver is capable of. Turn off TrueHD if that’s on. Probably DTS-X or something like that. Whatever you are playing is in a format that your receiver can’t process.

2 Likes

Uncached torrents come back as no stream available in Venom and the crew. Audio passthrough is enabled. Dolby Digital (Ac3) capable is enabled. Dolby digital Plus, DTS, True HD, and DtS-HD are not enabled. SD torrents seem to be fine.

1 Like

Hmm, well if you turn passthrough off it will output whatever you set it to. You can do stereo upmixing as well. Did you check your shield audio settings as well? And what setting is your AVR on?

If you have your hardware settings configured to match your AVR capabilities and turn on passthrough then your AVR should be set to “Direct”

2 Likes

What model is your Sony AVR?

The receiver is a Sony STR-DE698

There is only HDMI output on the Shield Pro. Audio goes to TV and then the feed is RCA to the AVR. I should have mentioned that all was fine on Kodi 18. I have had this problem on Kodi 19.1, 19.2, and 19.3. I have tried re-installing kodi-no difference

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.