No App Showing Up for Snycler

So, with the unfortunate (but not totally surprising) demise of Cinema (R.I.P.), I’ve turned to Syncler as one of my alternate APK’s. Everything loaded fine (after I turned off IPVanish as instructed), and I loaded the app using the Troypoint Rapid App Installer. I watched a movie using a Real Debrid link and if played flawlessly!

However, there is a problem. Syncler doesn’t show up as one of my installed applications on the Firestick Home (I went looking for it to move it to the front of the list of apps). I was only able to start the app by going into Manage Installed Applications and scrolling down the list until I got to Syncler (and, by the way, I see that the Syncler Installer is there as well). I assume that I can delete the Syncler Installer and free up 2.74 MB of space, but I’ll wait until I get the app to show up on the Home Page so i don’t have to go through a bunch of gyrations to get the app up and running!

Any suggestions/recommendations? Thanx!

2 Likes

First I would restart device and see if it shows up then.

Tried that, didn’t work! Just not sure what’s up with that!

Ok! I see that there was a “placeholder” thumbnail for both the Syncler app and the Syncler installation app at the end of the “Apps” list. However, they are both “blank” (that is, the Syncler logo is not showing up in the thumbnail - it’s just a gray box with 3 squares and a “+” sign). How do I get the thumbnail graphics to show up?

1 Like

Not sure how many apps you have on your stick but maybe a reset is in order. I had the firestick and moved to the Android box. Mine used to bug out to but it’s got a tiny brain and gets hot fast. If you don’t have a lot of media saved on it reset it and add your apps again and see if that works.

Ok, blacked out icon. I have one of those myself and have never been able to get it back. Here is something that may help you. And yes you can delete the installer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.