New Vytal Chrome extension hides location info that your VPN can't

Browser extensions are one of the easiest things to manipulate and very harmful. Just dont install them if you are not sure. Only trusted stuff. Or none at all.

1 Like

that can be done without extensions, turn off webgl, geo and ipv6 does a good job.

1 Like

webgl wasn’t on in my Android phone but the test clearly showed what country and time zone I’m in, even with vpn active.Even tried
chrome://flags/#disable-webgl

Have you disabled ipv6…thats one of the biggest identifiers there is. My ipv6 is blocked at my router and surfshark also disables it. Another is fingerprinting.

My WiFi doesn’t have IPV6. Not sure I can turn it off on the Firestick. Never looked at it. After using the flag code it now just identifies my time zone.

1 Like

if wifi doesnt have it your good on that. A good check is here>>> https://ipleak.net/

3 Likes

Leak test has always showed just my VPN server. Think I’m about as good as I can get. The Vytor doesn’t seem to change anything on my Android phone.

1 Like

generally behind a good vpn all the junk is blocked.

2 Likes

There is other stuff to consider if on a pc. Most people dont have to worry about this on streaming devices. Blocking at the router is also good. My computer will be up and running soon. Which means more screwing around with my old tools. If people are really concerned they should look into how to turn of there windows settings, its a huge tracker and sends info to microsoft in the background. Lots of services need to be turned off.

I wont get to much into it the average user on here probably dont use there pcs on a daily, mainly streaming for that vpn is good enough. I would do the above and just dont install browser addons unless its from your vpn. They are not needed unless maybe you tweak firefox.

2 Likes

That’s good information to know. tx @TP-Dracoo