New TROYPOINT Facebook Page - Win NVIDIA SHIELD

We have a new Facebook Page.

2 new NVIDIA Shield TVs up for grabs on our new page.

Read more about this via link below.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear about it being taken down. Facebook is abousing its status and without saying anything they abuse the whole you are violating our community standards crap without explanation.

But that’s awesome! Goodluck to everyone who applies! And awesome new page.

3 Likes

I would certainly like to enter the contest, but I won’t get near Facebook, Twitter, etc. I understand from a business perspective it’s a great way to advertise, but as the great, late Betty White said regarding Facebook, “what a complete waste of time.” But I do appreciate Troypoint and the valuable information you provide. Thank you!

4 Likes

Thanks @Kdad we will have additional non-Facebook giveaways coming soon with some of them being right on this page.

6 Likes

I don’t have any Facebook/Twitter or other social media accounts. Do you post other extra material than you do here on insider, Troy? (Other than being able to sign up for special contests?) :pleading_face::pensive:

2 Likes

That would be great! I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

No, everything we post on Facebook is usually a link to our new articles or videos on our Website. The only thing you may miss is an occasional drawing. Gonna start transitioning many of those drawings to the Insider. We are going to stop relying on these big tech clowns.

5 Likes

@TROYPOINT

Awesome, alot of people are migrating away from big tech jerks.

Just ridiculous standards.

4 Likes

I left facebook soooo long ago. Just another big media group that desires control of content. The fact checkers over ther are a bunch of snotty nosed punks that feel empowered… ok…nuf said :eyes:

5 Likes

I’m still on Facebook for various reasons but I rarely post anything and me being outspoken I get banned on quite a few groups. :exploding_head: :mask: :fu:

I never had or want to have anything to do with Facebook or any of those types I was so glad when you started the insider thanks Troy and all that are involved it’s a great place for us all I love it and will do anything to support it thanks so much keep up the good work

6 Likes

Thanks for letting me know, Troy :+1::smiley::hugs::raised_hands::sparkling_heart::wave::dizzy:

1 Like

Troy - I went on Facebook and did a search for Troypoint and only a group was there that was blank, maybe the old one. Is there a new name for the group?

Facebook is such a waste of time…deleted it years ago.

4 Likes

Hello @tobasco27 this isn’t a group. It is a Page. Here is the link -

1 Like

I stopped in to see if here someone could help with entering us. Has been near 10 years ago I used Facebook best life choice spouse and I took a slow a slow retreat.

Everyone who reads this should uninstall Facebook. Each phone I get is eradicated of it. Even without an account they spy. 2 months ago this phone would randomly alert but I found no app causing. There is a notification logger which I installed 15 later source deleted but I kept the logger. Looking at traffic on the scope I was horrified every message logged relayed to Facebook.com!!!

Google is same, apparently Amazon is becoming next. Alexa is a neat toy but hoards voice data even when no hot word. Samsung smart tv same in all appearances. Most just to spearfish ads to us. It’s worth disabling 1984. Even ez passes are quietly read… In the CITY not to mention with licence plate readers. All for catching bank robbers, unpaid ticket not too much. I’m not important enough to carry my phone in stores, 15 later will call back driving home.

Stores use our phones and Bluetooth and wifi to keep tabs on us. Loyalty cards hold up checkout but may match to your cellphone. Food Lion and Walmart have theft cameras and others mixed in to utilize a tip and cue based on the triangulation of our phones. Even with no camera they know when you are indecisive say looking at yogurt.

I tested it with a borrowed loyalty card. From 0-2 visits later a 3 for price of 2 printed at the register. Facial recognition with and without masks is the big thing. All big companies bullying each of us. It is what makes a smartphone “smart” not for the user who revere’s in new smartness but big tech developing big brother.

Especially when it’s a big ticket item if it means discount, usually the manager will scan their card or return from the register the difference.

We use ipvanish for privacy but an Alexa or spy phone app will send via whole house VPN a beacon, with your registration! Big tech could be using that to come after VPN users, no matter how good ipvanish is. Same for recent reviewed Express vpn. Best to take other steps if someone never minds strangers listening.

I know Troy works hard at all things and I admire that. If anyone has questions I likely can find more original sources. For over ten years I have studied and made small life changes slowly none hurt! (Can explain slowly another time.

-H

3 Likes

@rredattpoint

I get where you are coming from, and have complete knowledge of what you are saying, but let’s try to keep this conversation limited to personal messages. If anyone wants to talk about this please do so through msgs.

Just to avoid off topic spam. This was intended as a contest. I respect your thoughts and what you have said but let’s pm each other about this.

5 Likes