New Launcher Manager Question

Sure looks like it for that method. Back to the protected package again. I’ll have to research as I thought someone had figured out a new way to load a custom launcher just because of this on the new Max OS.8

Troy had posted the video on it a couple months back. I can try again, but did not work for me this morning and tried it several times.

If they’ve added the module, whose code gets modified, to the protected list, you’re wasting your time. You can’t modify it.

One quick question @AMD237 have you tried the TDUK method? Not sure if it’s the same as Troy’s. Couldn’t find a date for TDUKs tut.

@Miki I had just hopped onto TDUK site to see if his method was the same as Troy’s video, but had to leave to go to my son’s bball game. I should have some time this weekend, I will look into it and report back.

Tx @AMD237 . Enjoy the game and have fun with your son.

1 Like

Okay, here is what I (think I) figured out. I couldn’t get Launcher Manager to work on this brand new Max for the life of me. I factory reset, tried every option new and old in LM, it just seems like this is an Amazon block to me, after a little while of being able to install. I’m guessing that if ADB was linked through Launcher Manager right when Troy’s video came out, maybe it can stay and work properly. I might be wrong, and hope I am, so please, someone tell me I’m nuts and Amazon hasn’t blocked LM from working on the brand new OS8 sticks.

Next, I believe I have figured out a very acceptable way to get a launcher to stick on this Max. It works with ProjectIvy launcher, and utilizes TDUK’s (via Sweenwolf) Accesibility Manager, from the link Miki posted above.

Note- I have yet to try this on older models, but I will. I’m curious how it will work on them.

Steps: (on FireOS)

-Enable Developer Mode (About, Firestick Model, Click 7 times)…go through jailbreak process (Install Unknown Sources, etc)

-Install ProjectIvy Launcher

-Install Accessibility Manager

-Open Accessibility Manager. Scroll up, flip toggle on. Scroll down, flip on toggle for ProjectIvy Launcher. Save and exit.

-Open ProjectIvy Launcher. Click ProjectIvy Launcher Settings. General. Check Override current Launcher. Click Back Button. Select Power menu. Select PI Launcher on the drop down to Autostart on Boot.

That worked for me. The home button is now ProjectIvy, the restart launches PI. If this process has already been reported, I apologize. I came across it with trial and error. Hope it helps!

Wow you are awesome. That’s some creative thinking. Good on ya.

1 Like

Didn’t TDUK mention something about using button mapper to enable Projectivy? I kind of remember reading something along those lines.

I have Projectivy on my device and there is a setting to enable in the Accessibility settings. Also, I was getting some sort of a popup about enabling Accessibility to get more options in setting…not sure, though.

Btw, my device is a Shield so I don’t know if any of this matters. Just throwing it out there.

Yes, but as I was going through the Button Mapper process, I’m like, I wonder what would happen if I used Accessibility Manager for ProjectIvy lol.

Btw, the SCL3 and most likely the SCL4 and his Primal launchers bypass using the Launcher Manager and use a setting within the launcher to enable the SCL3 to become the default home page. So far it seems to be working.

Unless you are dead set on the Projectivy. You might want to look at the SCL3 and SCL4 as an alternative.

However, I do like the clean look and simplicity of the Projectivy.

1 Like

PF, reading up on it, sounds like SCL uses the same method as PI Launcher. So, likely you could input either launcher to my steps above and think it would work.

I believe so. They both have similar setting to enable the launcher to become default without using the LM.

I still have the LM installed just in case.

Another update…on my older Max (FireOS7) for this method. It works, but the home button to Launcher seems delayed. Meaning, it will show the standard Fire Home Screen, for a few or several seconds, and then automatically goes to ProjectIvy. FireOS8 must work better for this method.

Another thought after sleeping on it…I wonder if the Accessibility Manager/ProjectIvy (or equivalent) Launcher method I posted above will be less likely to get flagged and blocked by Amazon than the more well-known Launcher Manager method?

Am I the only one that can’t get the new LM method to work on the new Max?

There’s always Launcher Manager Ultimate you could try but always risky. I’ve used it and it works but that was over a year ago I last tried.

1 Like

I posted a different method above that worked for me, I guess I’m more curious if I am the only one having the issue. I haven’t seen anyone say it doesn’t work on the new max since Troy posted the video about the new method.

There’s usually a way…we just have to find it :sunglasses:

No AMD, still working. I use FLauncher w/ old method. Maybe LM is working because I have not done any updates on Firestick.

That is so interesting. The Max I borrowed to test was ordered just like a week ago. Maybe things have changed a bit on them, aka updates, since the initial ones hit the market. Regardless, my method with using ProjectIvy and Accessibility Manager is working flawlessly still. He was going to return it until I figured that out, but has worked perfect and always boots and goes back to ProjectIvy as “home”.

1 Like

Strange OS8 works so smooth and easy like back in the day try tduk tutorial for it that’s the one I used.