New Firestick 4K see recordings from old dead firestick

Firestick 4k died. I replaced it with another 4k I had been playing with. I had recorded programs using TIVIMate on the old stick to a USB drive. XPlore can see the recordings on the USB drive.The new 4K can see the recording directory, but not the recordings. Is there a way to get the new firestick to see the recordings made with the old firestick.

sup puddin…

put the drive in a pc… if it wont play 'em… they’re probly stuck in the deadzone…

1 Like

They work in the PC, so you are probably correct. If I can get recording from TiviMate working on the PC, I’ll copy the files to the PC recording directory. Right now I’m getting an SmbDataSourceException when I try to play a recorded program (my first trial). I think that may have been due to the PC going to sleep.

Thanks

1 Like

Try playing the recordings using VLC instead of Tivimate on your firestick. I don’t know that there’s a way to “import” recordings even if you point it to the same directory, unless you’re able to do a system backup on the old firestick and restore on the new.

1 Like

Thank you Jayhawks659! VLC works like a champ. After downloading, when I first opened it, it came up with the USB flash drive directory which showed all of my recordings.

1 Like

Problem with recording to PC solved. I forgot to enable LAN in IPVanish. I should have paid closer attention to the Troy video!

1 Like