New android box advice for use in Australia

Hi guys I currently have a Minix android box and am looking to upgrade to another newer box to be used in Australia any advice on way to go?Still using Kodi addons and Air Tv and would add to new box.Anything around $150 is cool.Thanks regards Al

1 Like

Minix boxes are pretty nice, whats wrong with it?

Depending on which one you have Minix are very nice boxes but a little pricey. If you have a u22 your good!

1 Like

I personally like my UH9 but they don’t support it. I Do have a U22 and it works well. There are many, many differing opinions on Minix products. Yes, they are pricey and have some good features but support is sometimes bad

Well the specs on the the U22 are plenty good for all your streaming and it has extended storage options via usb or sd card. So if it is working good then I don’t know if you need to upgrade, imho

Thanks for your input guys my minix is a NEO U1 which I have had for a few years still does the job but not sure of life expectancy!I am sure specs and functions on newer boxes are ok.Are they all able to work in Australia sorry if thats a dumb question!

yep with the right connectors. With customer service aside if you want to spend that much either stick with the newest minix a\or move up to a Shield. If its for iptv and google certs are not a concern and the pocket book is good you might try a Formuler box. Mid range boxes I would consider mecool boxes as they get the job done.

1 Like

Mecool KM 2 or KM 2 Plus are very good boxes for the money.

You ever get down to Mexico you can have my KM2 free. Used for all of a week and maybe 40 hrs. Sits in my junk drawer at the moment.

1 Like

That’s interesting Miki what problem did you have with the KM 2.

1 Like

It’s AndroidTV. Enough said.

1 Like

Thanks guys will do some research on Mecool boxes.Stay safe.

1 Like

Aside from my firestick 4ks I have a Skystream that is easy to use, has more memory than the firestick, and cost about $120.

Hi Donn I believe the Skystream Max is a clone of the KM 2 Plus. Also the Strong Leap 1 box is a clone of KM 2 so any of these are good choices.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.