New 4k max firestick review

I will have the fan by Friday and I will get a chance to see if it cools enough to stop the restarts; then I will post the results.
Thanks to every one for the replys.

2 Likes

I look forward to your report. Thank you for taking time to add information on Troy’s site. Every little piece of the puzzle we contribute help’s to get the complete picture.

HAVE FUN AND STREAM ON.

5 days ago I bought 3 of these @ $34.99. Just checked they still are $34.99 each

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

For better or worse, I decided to purchase the newest model and thus far I’m glad I did because it’s so much snappier. The previous model I owned was from 2021 I believe and with only the 8GB (not really after the fact) of storage it was struggling with lag…NOT the case with my new 4k Max. Time will tell.

1 Like

Way to go @Mxyzptlk. I’m a tad reluctant to take the plunge, but may do so depending if I can get a US model. Please keep us updated with your progress as well as your opinion. I’m curious if the adding of extra storage has improved. Merry Christmas to you and yours. :gift: :christmas_tree:

where did you get the fans?

Most computer shops would have these fans as well as the heat sinks.

Ain’t no way I’m ever going to Tinker with a Fan. If I have to do that I have the wrong Box :rofl:

1 Like

U R Correct, that was on a 4K Max tucked behind a TV with a wall mount and virtually no free air flow. Haven’t used a Stick in months now. Shield Pro has an internal fan. Good morning Mr. @MarkxG

1 Like

I wonder if killing the power to the stick when your not using it would help with the heat.I don’t have the new stick but I’ve been doing this with the previous version and never had heat problems. I also have a 6 ‘ hdmi cord that keeps it far away from the TV. Stick is on a power strip so I just flick a switch every night before I hit the sack.

That’s exactly what I did with mine. That heat issue was on a customers setup in a 5 million dollar condo overlooking the ocean. If they want to pay me to play and learn, I love it. My personal setup was a max plugged into the powerbar using a powered hub with ethernet and 128GBs externall USB drive for storage. Shut the powerbar down every night, TV, Soundbar and Stick. The hub had a lengthy lead and was velcroed to the lower corner of my TV.

Yikes. Maybe it isn’t worth getting the new stick.Mine all work fine now.

I just switched as some generous ppl gave me a Shield Pro and I never looked back.

I heard about that . Well deserved.