MX Player on Stremio: Am I missing something?

When I click on the VLC-looking icon at the top of the screen, ES Player, ES Explorer, Kodi & Plex show up. I do have MX Player Pro installed, it doesn’t show up.

Just to experiment, I selected Kodi to try to open the file.
But, the field where it says “Open” or “Cancel” is unresposive to either a remote or a USB keyboard/mouse. Thi

These issues are present with both my FS 4K & my ONN box.

Am I missing something that I need to do in order to access the MX Pro?

Under settings>PERFORMANCE & STABILITY>enable Run as Foreground Service

1 Like

Ok, thank you, I’ll try that.

Unfortunately, “Performance > Run as foreground” , reset the app doesn’t work.
And it turns out that I’d already tried changing that setting.
The field to choose an external player only shows 3 players (on both devices) and using either the remote or a usb keyboard & mouse, the field does not respond to either scrolling down nor to choosing “just once” or “always”.

The internal player is fine for playing video. But if the video doesn’t have embedded subtitles, then I haven’t found a way to get external subs to work.

If I can get external subs, I’d be perfectly happy to live with the internal player.

There are several subtitle add ons last time I checked. I’ll see what I can find.

1 Like

I installed stremio and mx player on my phone and enabled the foreground app setting, opened stremio, picked a movie, as soon as it started I clicked the cone on the top bar and immediately a lower bar opened with all my players there to choose from. Soon as I can I’ll check the 4K Max.

Ok so I did the exact same thing on the 4K. Enabled run as foreground, restarted Stremio as per pop up. Loaded a movie, selected a source, as soon as it started I clicked the pylon on the top bar using the 4k remote and also tested with the wireless keyboard and my list of players came up and I could choose MX Player Pro. I found 3 subtitle addons. Only open subs looked good I’ll check the catalogue

https://4b139a4b7f94-wizdom-stremio-v2.baby-beamup.club/

if you do a search for “titlovi.com subtitles” in the addon search field and then hit search it will also vome up to add.

3 Likes

Maybe if I install and reinstall MX, it might work.
I followed the exact same steps and Stremio isn’t even showing the MX player as an option nor does the chose button operate.

@elginherd

Im not sure what you are doing but running in forground and pop up selecting your player does work, i would suggest just player, its more lightweight than mx and has all the codecs, i use that in everything.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t figure out why the pop up is basically inoperable for me, but it is.

The name of the player you suggested is “Just Player”?

2 Likes

@elginherd

Yes sir, just player

2 Likes

Just Player works with the ONN box … gonna try with the FS 4k tomorrow.

1 Like

Thanks Miki & Dracoo!
I think I found out why I was having the problem.

The field to choose the players only allows 3 visible options, and shows a small fraction of a 4th player. In my caes it was ES for 2 options, Kodi & a part of Plex showing up. That screen doesn’t allow scrolloing down for more options.

When I installed Just Player it was listed on the top of the options, followed by the ES two.
So I uninstalled ES Player and now I can choose between Just & MX. Kodi shows in the list too.

2 Likes