Moving IPVanish from internal storage to USB storage

I am using IPV. I recently added the USB storage to my Cube and want to know if I can move this to USB storage? Or should I just leave it where it is?

A VPN is one of those apps you want reacting fast if not immediately. Therefore on any device, I would leave it on the devices memory and not on an external drive. Faster I/O communication and data transfer that way.

5 Likes

BINGO! I should have just sent you a PM Miki. That make total sense…thank you.

As a side note I tried to move Analiti and somehow goofed up on Troy’s instruction and deleted it. But I added it back in and it loaded itself to the USB. I will probably try to move TDUK Unified Debloat tool and Sideload Launcher after I watch Troy’s video again.

1 Like

Any secondary apps like the tech dr debloat, file explorers, cleaners, optimizing tools, AV Scanners etc. can go on the external drive. But remember, some apps you can’t move as the dev has not coded that option into their app.

2 Likes

You might look at mixplorer, it isn’t as flashy as xplore but it will move almost any app that has a uninstall option to the USB storage.
You can find it a number of places but I got it from TDUK, he also has a video that uses it.
I used it to move APKs that xplore would not.
As a very short tutorial, allow it access and unknown source, open mixplorer, on the right under internal storage select download folder, arrow to the left column and scroll to app in the icon list, move right, the screen will have changed from Internal storage to the installed apps, highlight the app icon you want to move. Long select until you see the action icons at top right side change, you should see a trash can next to it is a copy icon.
There are two ways to do the copy but if you followed the directions so far, the easiest is to press the option button which will open a menu on the right, scroll to the bottom and select “copy to …”, make sure download folder is selected and do the copy.
Now on the left select internal storage, on the right select download folder and your APK will be there.
At this point uninstall the apk by long select and when you see the trashcan, use the option button on the remote, scroll down the menu to “uninstall” and uninstall, you will see the Firestick screen to select ok for the operation.
Go back to the icon in download folder and long select, scroll down the menu to “install” and install.
Not necessary but if you like you can at this point long press home, go-to setting by gs, manage apps, and verify the app is installed on the usb, just use the back button to return to mixplorer.
Go back to the apk in the download folder, long select it, move up to the trashcan and delete it, your app is installed on the USB now.
You can do more then one app at a time but I wouldn’t recommend until you have used mixplorer a few times
The only app that allowed uninstall but would not install on the usb was the Silk browser.
I am not telling you what to move to USB storage just a way to do it, for almost any non Amazon app.

2 Likes

Thank you for the info and the very detailed rundown on how to use Mixplorer. I really do appreciate it!

I’ll print out your instructions since my memory isn’t that great these days. I should be able to give it a try in the next day or two. Again, thank you!

1 Like

I will just add this, a recent update to Firestick makes free Music Video app available, when I installed it just to check it out I noticed it loaded to internal storage, I was able to move it to USB storage. I would call it a semi Amazon app.
From 50,000 ft because I too suffer from CRS, mixplorer process is, place to store the copy, find app and copy apk, uninstall app, install app, delete copy apk.
Oh… CRS “Can’t Remember Sh*t”

OK, so I formatted the instructions so that even I should be able to make this work. But for some crazy reason, for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get MiXplorer on my Cube. Downloader takes me “Xplorer”. I went to TDoc UK’s site and can’t seem to figure out how to download it to my desktop then move it to the Fire Cube.

CRT, CSS and CHS! CFOS,That’s me. (FO = figure out)

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.