MECOOL KM7 volume very low

The problem with my km7 is it’s poor download speed when connected to my 5G Wi-Fi and my SS vpn on. Sometimes it’s down into the single digits. It’s better when I use wireguard protocol but some of the important Kodi stuff I use is not compatible with that protocol. I also have the volume control issues. So I continue to use my ever reliable FS max.

What important Kodi stuff isn’t compatible with Wireguard?

When using wireguard, Mad Titan and PVR Simple Client exhibit some unacceptable struggles. No problems when protocol is set to open udp.

Interesting. I have never heard about this being an issue. Wonder how many other people are having the same issue? Wireguard is what you need for more speed, it is a shame you are having trouble. This is only the case on the KM7, but the Max Wireguard works on the add-ons you mentioned?

To clarify. Using wireguard on either the km7 or my FS causes the problems with MT and the Client. The point I was trying to make was that I can’t use wireguard as an attempted speed boost on the km7 to get it out of single digit download speeds. I don’t have download speed problems with my FS.

Gotcha. KM7 has no Wifi 6 and no gigabit ethernet port. I refuse to get any device that doesn’t have at least one of those or both. I’m not sure if that is the issue though, because if your router doesn’t support Wifi 6, the fact the Max supports it is irrelevant. I still don’t understand why Wireguard does that to MT and Client. I don’t have the PVR Client, but Mad Titan has always been fine and I run nothing but Wireguard.

You guys are a great source for use tech neophytes !!
But sometimes too techy !! Lol
You advise Advance etc passthourgh…
Is that on TV or MeCool??

I told myself I was going to get a new device with a gigabit ethernet port, but when it came to finding something, I jumped the gun on the KM1 Deluxe (100 max). A buddy got a new wifi 6 router and latest generation Cube (wifi 6). He pays for 400 mbs and formerly was getting about 350. He’s now getting ~850 mbs (with the wifi 6) and we can’t figure out why.

He pays for 400Mbps but gets 850Mbps???!!

Yes. I just texted him and he’s getting 942 to the house and paying for 400. Eero 6e mesh 2 node router.

If he’s paying for 400 & getting over dbl that…somebody at his ISP opened the bandwidth spigot a bit too much…but good for him…altho, I personally see no difference from my 400Mbps to Gig speeds (it was yearly dealing time with my ISP & Gig was the best 1 yr value) as far as anything other than the speed test itself…but I’m not a big downloader of large files…just a streamer & net surfer. :surfing_man:

1 Like

The strange thing is he was getting about 350 consistently while paying for 400 before the new router. Nothing else changed.

I used to have Gig speed from Concrap, but I’ve found having that much speed really isn’t all that necessary.

Reasons to justify the expense, i.e., multiple heavy gamers, multiple devices streaming 4k all at once, etc…

I now have 400 Mbps and that is still way more than I need. I believe I could get by with about half that speed, or even less. Figuring a vpn will decrease speed by about half. then most likely 200 Mbps would be sufficient.

1 Like

Does sound strange…cause you’re only as fast as your ISP bandwidth is allowing you. Wifi 6 is definitely better (if device & router both have the radios) but it can’t make you faster than what your ISP is allowing.

And I agree with Powerfader…Gig for me is overkill…I started with 100Mbps & they just kept upping my speed to 2…3 & then 400Mpbs…& now Gig. But…you’re only as fast as the servers you’re connecting to…so :roll_eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

Kinda like having a $10K receiver and $50 speakers. The end result is you are hearing $50 buck quality!

This is exactly what I get. Concrap too. $50 (with autopay) a month for 400. I was getting about 170 with SurfShark enabled, but now only about 85 with ethernet and SS. KM1 Deluxe limited to 100 ethernet. Which is plenty.

What category of e-cable are you using?

Don’t know what category of ethernet cable. All I know is that I had it laying around, it’s 3’ long, and it’s blue lol.

Probably cat5e…(its stamped on the cable). Curious about whether it had shielding…it is a very short run, so not as important for noise. Next time you order something from amazon…take a peak at a higher cat cable…they’re very cheap (as are most things from china). I use an 10’ & 40’ one of these & they are well shielded. Just another little thing to help prevent gremlins from getting into yer stream…as long as you’re giving up speed to go the wired route for stability.

Good advice. The printing on the cable says Cat 5e I believe.

1 Like