Mecool km2 plus

Hello new to the Mecool android km2 plus. Trying to backup my settings from Tivimate to the android internal memory. Getting a failed to create backup error. Tried installing 16gb usb thumb and having same issues. Anyone have success with creating tivimate backup?

Hey @frankw Just to be sure…you are going into Tivimate Settings/General/BackUp Data/scrolling down to whatever folder you want to put backup in/clicking on the folder then clicking on Select…?

Then you get “failed to create backup” error?

Hello thanks for your response
. Yes to your question.

Have you tried different folders & still got the error? I backup all the time & have never gotten an error. I seriously doubt any storage issues would come into play, as the file itself is generally under 10 megs. Mine is usually only 5 or 6…I think my Mecool made its on Tivimate folder also.

Not sure frankw…maybe someone else has had this problem…has a fix & will chime in…it’s a new one on me tho…never seen it come up here…sorry :thinking:

Thank you for testing. So it only will da r the backup if the download folder is selected. Any other folder gives this error. So if someone else has this issue then save to downloads folder. I am okay with this as I know where the backup file now is. Thanks again and have a great day.

1 Like

Well…when you click on backup & it takes you to the “Internal shared storage” page, you can put it in any folder you want…just be aware of which one it is so when you do a Restore & it asks, you’ll know where it is. After I do a backup I always go into my File Mngr & make sure its there…they are in slightly different places in my KM6 & ONN boxes.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Today I had the exact same issue as Frank described above on a Mecool KM7. Can only create a backup using the download folder. Also copied a tivimate backup from a firestick into the downloads folder and tried to restore it -tivimate didn’t see the file. I continue to work on this and will report back.
Thanks Frank for the solution for the backup.