Mecool KM2 Plus Soundbar Problems

I received my new Mecool KM2 Plus today. When I was starting to set it up it took awhile before it finally booted up. I was going through the setup. Got up to the home screen and went to do a restart. Now the unit is dead. Lights on, remote lite blinks when I press buttons but the unit will not display anything on the TV. Tried unplugging several times. Just no picture now. Looks like this lemon is going back. Sigh.

Ouch…please tell us you didn’t get it directly from Mecool…but thru Amazon & it’ll be an easy return.

1 Like

Through Amazon. After a little more experimentation it seems as though its something about going through my Bose Cinemate box. I ran an HDMI from the Mecool to the TV and it works fine. Must be a setting in there I need to find. When I was doing the setup I did pick soundbar and Bose. The volume control worked, Something with picture through the Bose. Hmmm.

2 Likes

Copy all that…so the lemon turned from sour to sweet…good to hear. I don’t use peripherals on my KM6 so I can’t help ya out with the soundbar problem. Others should chime in soon tho GL2U :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

Yeah the KM2 I had to do some research …sometimes my KM2 has no sound so I have to unplug the unit and TV for like 2 min…then I get my sound back…it doesn’t do all the time,but once in the blue moon

Something different with the Mecool. I basically swapped out my FireTV Cube 2nd Gen for the Mecool. The cube worked just fine through the Bose. I tried turning OFF the CEC Switch on the KM2. Still nada. Tried a few other settings under Display & Sound. Still nada. Had enough for one day. Back at it tomorrow.

2 Likes

So to recap I was setting up the KM2 following along with Troy’s First Impressions video. Had the KM2 going through the Bose soundbar. Did the initial setup of the box. Checked for updates and then did a restart to get the latest Android TV home screen like Troy did in his video. That’s when I lost the picture/ sound. So I’m thinking the only settings I changed were setting up the volume and power on the remote. So I went back in a did a “Forget” on the Bose soundbar and the LG TV so I had no settings changed from default. Did a restart and then went back through the Bose soundbar, like I had the Fire V Cube and still no connection. So that leads me to something in the new Android home screen refresh is not compatible with the Bose soundbar?
Again I can run HDMI direct to the TV and the KM2 functions perfectly. Not sure why the output from the KM2 is different than the output on the FireTV Cube. Google has been zero help as it is an older model Bose system.

I feel your frustration been there done that …hope you can sort it out :slight_smile:

Troy can you tell me what would change on the KM2, during setup, when I did a restart to get the new home screen? That’s when I lost the ability to go through my Bose soundbar. I looked at the output specs for the KM2 and FireTV Cube and they are both similar. I’ve tried changing various settings on the KM2 but no joy. I can get output if I run direct to the TV but not through the Bose like I can with the Cube.

Tried last resort. Did a factory reset. When it rebooted I switched it to the Bose soundbar and got picture. Went through the setup, again, but did not do a restart then. Loaded a couple apps and tested all working fine. Shut the box and TV/soundbar down for an hour and fired it all back up. No picture. KM2 returning to Amazon.
Alternate streaming devices are all well and good but the knowledge base is way, way less than Amazon Firesticks. So buyer beware.

Moderators, please close this post.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.