MECOOL KM1 Android TV Box 4GB RAM 32GB ROM?

Any reason that I shouldn’t go ahead and get one of these?

1 Like

I donno, thats kinda your call. All these boxes do the same thing. If its a good.price why not? Grab it.

1 Like

good thing about mecool is you can do with as you please. Not much bloat to deal with. But dont expect many if any updates(not that thats a bad thing). I hace 3 mecools and never an update, however zero issues as they all work great. My fav is the km6.

3 Likes

Thanks guys!
I gotta a visa gift card for Christmas and I thought that this might be a nice treat for me.

OK!!!
I got the 4GB-32GB model for 64.60 (US) shipped.
Unfortunately, I have to wait until they get over their hangovers from the month long Chinese holiday before it ships :beverage_box:

That’s the one I got. I believe they call it the “Deluxe”. It’s worked great for me for the last month. The only “bad” thing I’ve found is that being it’s Google Certified, there doesn’t seem to be a way to turn off SafeApp (or whatever it’s called) in the Google Play Store. The pathway leads to “find out more” and a Google website. It was automatically deleting my IPTV service once every two days, but I had it in Downloader favorites and it was easy to re-install. I did turn off automatic updates and The Play Store seems to have given up (it’s been a week or so and it hasn’t disappeared). Have fun.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on that carlbs…of course I will probably forget the tip and then have to come to Insider to beg for help anyway :grin:

I’m waiting for someone to come up with a work-around to that, but haven’t seen it yet. But I do expect it. The other possible negative is that we are restricted to 100 megs for the ethernet (someone mentioned the Km-6 has a 1000 mbps limit). But I get faster speeds than that with wifi anyway.

100 Mbps is more than sufficient for our use anyway.

3 Likes

You can disable play protect and we cover it here there is a guide…

3 Likes

Thanks Dracco.
I will look at it…if I remember when it arrives in about a month :crazy_face:

1 Like

Doesn’t work. KM1 Deluxe.

FYI…I have a KM6 Deluxe running Google Certified AndroidTV 10 that has play protect on the Playstore…of which I am not able to turn off. Granted, I can’t get ALL the apps I want on my box from the Playstore…some just don’t show up when I search…but I seldom go there anyway, as they are generally late getting version updates. Never had problem one sideloading from Downloader or a browser or any other means. For me, it’s a moot point… :face_with_monocle: :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.