Latest Proton Update

There is now a new version out for ProtonVPN. 4.0.0.7
It is supposed to be on the playstore and appstore but I couldn’t get either of those to work on my 4K Max. So if you’re in the same boat I have a github link.
https://github.com/ProtonVPN/android-app/releases/download/4.0.0.7/ProtonVPN-4.0.0.7.apk

Have fun and STREAM ON.

2 Likes

Proton just re-vamped all their products. I believe it was yesterday that all my apps updated on the desktop. :+1:

2 Likes

They fixed the disconnecting issue on the FireTV OS where it use to disconnect when you pressed the “home” button after switching servers. The map background colour for country connection is now purple. On the Max still no settings access but working well. I have had a small speed increase though. May be purely coincidental. Not huge but + 8 MBs from my best previous test speeds.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

2 Likes

I was running a different VPN. However, I have decided to give them another try. I did download it from the Amazon app store on 2 3rd gen firesticks.

I couldn’t get the download from either playstore to work. I did get the github link to update Proton on my Max but it won’t update on my Galaxy S21+. Waiting for customer service. I’ll update when I know more.

@Miki

Its working for me from the playstore. Donno what happened, updated from my phone

1 Like

usually these updates “slow roll” out over a short time.

Tx @TP-Dracoo . I know. Others have gotten it but it will only update on the Max Via Github. E:mails sent. For once I’m baffled and I suspect only deleting first will I be able to update.

Depending on your past proton account the update was great for me. I have the VPN unlimited. They bundled my email into the paid vpn at no extra cost ever leave the suscription as is.

1 Like

I downloaded the ProtonVPN to take a look at it. I noticed that in Troy’s review, it stated it had no settings. I don’t know what is different but mine does. I have a Buzz 4900. The application has the obvious locations, split tunneling, kill switch, etc. I would wholeheartedly agree that the speed is phenomenal. Everything I tested on ProtonVPN is over the free version. I will definitely keep it as a backup, but will stick with SurfShark for the remainder of my term at a minimum. I want to also thank Troy and the other TroyPoint patrons and members for all that they do. This is a very valuable service.

1 Like

What is the latest update version? I am running 4.1.83.1 on my Firestick.

This topic was automatically closed after 19 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.