Kodi not opening on 4k firestick

I had installed Kodi 19.4 on my 4k firestick about 7 weeks ago. I have a Onn television. The kodi app worked fine for about 3 weeks then would not open. Everytime I clcked on it, it would just return to the Firestick page. I uninstalled the kodi app, reinstalled, worked fine, but again stopped working after about a week. I uninstalled it again and installed the kodi 18 version. Same issue, works for a couple of weeks and then won’t open.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thank you

Not sure where exactly to start but 18 isn’t supported anymore so you can eliminate that. it sounds like your filling up your storage. Try dumping the cache in Kodi, also I might suggest a cleaning tool like defsquid or sd maid. Fast task killer is a good one to clean up the ram.

I have only ever used 19. Every few days Kodi just won’t load. I have to click out and return to the home screen and keep trying. Kodi loads eventually. The quick fix is clearing the cache and it loads right away. Haven’t a clue why it happens, so when it does, I just repeat the routine. Once its loaded, its very stable :grin:

.Clearing the cache worked. I should have known that as I’ve done it in the past., but it not loading was new to me.
Thank you for that reminder and your quick respone.

Glad I could help, Have a great day

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.