Kodi Nexus 20.0 back to Matrix19.5

I have upgraded to kodi Nexus 20.0. I have issues with crashing.
Can I go back to Matrix 19.5 and if so what would be the correct URL to go back without losing any data?
Please Advise
leahcimj

2 Likes
1 Like

I agree. Even when I was using a Firecube, Kodi 20 was kicking me out and crashing. I went back to Kodi 19.4 vs 19.5 because the latter also had times where it was kicking me out.

Hello tadam,
Please, how do I go back to 19.4. Can I put a specific URL into downloader and not lose anything?
leahcimj

If you are running a build, I would suggest before you go back to 19.4, that you clear all your data first in Kodi and then uninstall. You can go to the official Kodi (Kodi.tv) website and download older versions from their mirror sites.

1 Like

Hello tadam,
So what I’m getting is I can’t go back without losing the addons I have now.
If anybody knows the URL for 19.3 or 19.4 I would definitely appreciate.
leahcimj

Do some research, we have them in our toolbox and the kodi category has many kodi guides including download sources. I wont link them as they are very easily accessible. It’s not to be rude but its to encourage using the features we offer at your disposal

1 Like

TP-Dracoo,

Thank you for your input. I found the downloads in the toolbox. Please advise, if I go back from 20.0 to 19.5 or anything before that will I lose any of my addons. Can I download and install right over what I have. If I delete first I know I will lose data that I have now.
leahcimj

1 Like

i believe you are going to have to delete kodi 20 on what ever the device you have it install and start fresh with kodi 19.5 and reinstall your addons or builds also i would use kodi 19.5 and not the kodi 19.5 fork always better to start fresh in my opinion

I went from Kodi 20 back to Kodi 19.5
before uninstalling Kodi 20 I did a backup with adblink
then uninstalled Kodi 20 and installed Kodi 19.5
restored backup to kodi 19.5
all my Addons were installed to Kodi 19.5
everything worked perfectly

1 Like

Just out of curiosity and always trying to learn, why would you say to not use the Troypoint Fork 19.5 and pick Kodi 19.5 :thinking: I’m wondering because I always use the forks for the simple reason when I force stop the fork it stays closed while when using official apk if I force stop it stops but 10 minutes later if I check background apps, sure enough it’s running in the background.

its just my preference if only setting up to run one kodi on my device i go with the official version,not sure why it is still running in the background for you after you force closed it, the official version closes for me no problem i clean cache and force close one thing i have noticed on my device is if i have kodi 19.5 and fork kodi 19.5 on the same device and choose to run the fork version when i check in background running app both versions are running,like i said just my preference

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.