Kodi 19.4 being released

Hi has anybody heard about kodi 19.4 being released? I seen an article yesterday about it being released I don’t want to post a link in here just in case I get banned I don’t do nothing with my fire stick unless it’s recommended by troypoint I follow other sites but I only do what is suggested from troypoint

Looks like bug fixes and updates. Its not a major update like lea to matrix or serious coding changes, updates wont be on google play.

3 Likes

Tx for the heads up. Downloaded and installed on my 4K Max.

1 Like

Thanks for that mate. I don’t do anything to my fire stick unless I see troypoint has posted anything about it or added it to their rapid app installer

3 Likes

Releases - Official Kodi Wiki
https://kodi.wiki/view/Releases

3 Likes

Thanks for that bud👍

3 Likes

My Kodi is 19.4 already. Am I misunderstanding something here?

1 Like

Nope. Up until this update Matrix was 19.3

2 Likes

My bad! I have 19.3 on my Firestick 4K Max. I will need to update.

2 Likes

I think I will just stick with kodi 19.3 until troypoint put it on their rapid app installer 19.3 is working perfectly fine

3 Likes

Sure thing. This update is mainly bug fixes like @TP-Dracoo pointed out, and you can read up on that on the official Kodi site I posted the update from. I installed it and all good here. 4K Max.

1 Like

@Wardylfc20

Dont always have to update, if its good for you then do so, 18.9 and 19 was a major change.

Im sure the troy team will update soon.

3 Likes

Kind of a Kodi newbie. Can this be loaded over the top of 19.3?

2 Likes

yes. 19.4 is just an update.

2 Likes

19.4 not available in the Play Store - Google have changed the rules. All apks now have to target Android 11 as a minimum, while Kodi targets Android 10 as a minimum, so no more Kodi updates in the Play Store. Not to worry, though - download is available on Kodi’s site.

One more thing - the 64-bit version of 19.4 is only for NVidia Shield and Android boxes with Realtek or some Rockchip chips. If the 64-bit version (ARM-v8A) won’t install on your Android box, now you know why. Instead, install the 32-bit (ARM-v7A) version, which works on all Android boxes.

2 Likes

And use the 32bit for Firesticks.

Installed 19.4 this morning on my firestick 4K max using downloader. It installed right over my 19.3, all my addons remained intact and working.

Same here. So far I have no problems, but 19.3 has always worked well for me with just a couple of add-ons.

1 Like

These point releases are mostly just minor bug fixes. I use Builds and typically my Build Dev doesn’t update to the new point release until it’s proven stable or there is a reason that the previous version is now unstable, therefore I don’t update until that time. been doing it this way for years

2 Likes