ITC Bans Roku Devices

Personally I think these are terrible for streaming anyway.

4 Likes

actually I have a roku tv. I get lots of free channels thru them and added in with my ota channels a very large seletion.

1 Like

I never go with any obscure or proprietary OS. Now looks like Roku is in big trouble in the US and with Roku scrambling to try and circumvent the patents they violated with updates, customers have already noticed a degradation in service and pic quality.

1 Like

Damn that’s crazy. I started streaming with Roku

1 Like

I have a TCL Roku TV on I find this very interesting I wonder what’s going to happen next I have been happy with my Roku TV but it’s very fixed does not have the flexibility of a fire stick

I’ve got a shield hooked up to my TCL Roku TV lol

2 Likes

Hi, my Roku TV seems to be working fine right now but I will watch to see what happens with it’s quality of the video. Thanks, bfn.

same here. I use roku mostly for locals and the shield is hooked up for everything else.

I have been using a Roku since Dish had to give us one years ago! I still use it to stream YouTubeTV and it works well. However, if I had to we all know how great a good Android box will take care of that problem. Just like TXRon said

1 Like

if i understood all the legalize this has to do with the voice control thats the stuff they didnt have permission to use so anything roku voice controled they have to stop selling or pay the owner

1 Like

Maybe you can download and config Google assistant for the Roku?

1 Like

Doubt it. Roku won’t let you do anything unless it’s added to a developer channel.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.