Italian Police Fine IPTV Users After Tracking IP Addresses

https://troypoint.com/italian-police-fine-iptv-users-after-tracking-ip-addresses/

1 Like

How the heck is an end user going to validate whether an entity has legal authorization to conduct its business. Look at the FTX meltdown in the crypto world. Many so-called professionals thought FTX was a legitimate business model.

Who knows if Netflix or Dish TV has all the proper licensing. An end user could wake up tomorrow morning and find out Netflix is streaming illegal content.

I believe you just cannot put that much responsibility and / or legal jeopardy on the end user.

My 2 cents…which isn’t worth much…

9 Likes

few euros will make it go away

Agree with you 100% This is all BS.

4 Likes

It sucks to live in Italy! lol

Seriously, this is a PRIME reason to use a VPN!

Kinda lends one to believe it is NOT wise to use any service that is based out of Italy?

1 Like

I would be leery of paying the fine. Seems like in paying you are admitting and that seems like you are placing a target on your back. In-other-word, you will be watched from that point on and will have no defense in claiming ignorance of the law.

So, if you continue to use iptv services and get caught again. Then they just may up the penalty more and more?

1 Like

A thousand people at a hundred fifty dollars a person that’s a lot of money for the Italian police $150,000. Why would any Police Department bother with the end user. That’s like chasing down the corner drug pushers instead of chasing down the dealers. Doesn’t make any sense. It’s almost like Italian police are running their own IPTV service and booking everybody that logs on.

2 Likes

Sorry, watchin too many cop shows. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

another scare story zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if the IPTV Polizia do start up their own IPTV service and get as many subs as they can for a year or so and then bust them.

That way they get the membership fees, and they fine all the subs, too! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

I can hear the Amazon police now. They pull you over and ask for ID, vehicle ownership and instead of "are there any guns or drugs in the vehicle? It’ll be, “do you have any streaming devices in the vehicle”? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Sicily Five O

tell the Italian police I said “A Baff-on-gool” !! hahaha