Is there a tutorial for using The Crew? Not installing it

Hi @dianesalz
So, yes is the short answer; however the link description can help you decide.
If you see in the link description something that looks like: Rus-Ital-etc then just keep scrolling.

I have a question about using The Crew also. Some background:

Given all the raves people have been giving to Kodi lately, & The Crew in particular, I decided to give it a try again. I found Troy’s Complete Kodi’s Beginners Guide most helpful. Then I took the Kodi set up a step further with @Jayhawks659 GUIDE speed up Kodi. Even more helpful, other than I was not able to have Kodi open up to The Crew first. Still, I learned a lot from his guide.

What I was looking for ia an add-on that would save the series I am watching as a favorite and if I stopped an episode midway through, would opening the episode put me back to where I left off–as is the case with Syncler & CinemaHD. I thought, well maybe I needed to add Trakt TV for that to work. I found the set up guide and installed Trakt TV. Nope, that didn’t do it. Is this something that is possible with Kodi or The Crew or Seren? If it is, if someone can point me to a set up guide or video.

Hi @denadavidson99
Well, I’ll tell ya from my experience Seren and the Crew both do a pretty good job at returning where you paused a movie or tv show and will ask you if you want to return to that point to view it. I’ve only had it not work one or two times.
As far as saving a series or box set and where you are in viewing, I’ve yet to find that feature, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist, it very well may, I just don’t know. You can save movies/tv shows in Kodi by long pressing your select/ok button on your remote, then scroll down to favorites in the new screen that opens and click on it. Then hit your back button until you get back to the Kodi home screens and scroll down to favorites and your show or movie should be listed.

1 Like

I feel like such an idiot! Now none of the IPTV channels work! I was able to use them yesterday before I installed the new fire stick today. I went out of the Kodi app, turned off the TV and went back in and still nothing. The error message says something about checking the log for the reason it doesn’t work, but I don’t even know where the log is.
Someone should make a tutorial for USING the crew, not just installing it! Can I be the only one having this much trouble. I am sorry to keep bothering you.

@dianesalz

Well there is alot of info, but no one can really hand hold you thru it. Sometimes you just gotta learn as you go and take your time.

There is google, YouTube all kinds of ways to help you use it.

We give you the tools. I don’t have issues with crews iptv function.

@dianesalz
https://troypointinsider.com/t/no-stream-available-error/
Thanks to @TP-Dracoo, this tutorial talks about how and where to check logs.

Long pressed worked and was helpful. I’m going to have to try tinkering a bit I think to learn to save where I was watching. I tried bookmarking but that didn’t work. As TP-Dracoo suggested, there may also be YouTubes out there that provide this information. Thank You!

1 Like

@denadavidson99

In your crew settings and seren you can find settings to save where you left off. When I get to my device I will look at it.

But there in your playback settings

Tp•Dracoo, i don’t know of any setting that allows continue playback from where you left off like in Cinema. Please let us know where it is.

@Hgmartin

My apologies, I was wrong. However when I use seren it keeps track of my movies and shows and I can resume where I left off.

Well it used to do it. Trakt manger helps with that. Syncler saves that data which is nice.

1 Like

Thanks, i have always been hesitant to use Trakt as it tracks all you are watching. And thier terms of use say they keep a record and cooperate with police. Doesn’t that defeat part of what we use a VPN for?

2 Likes

It’s why I uninstalled it and cancelled.

@Hgmartin

But if you use a fake email while signed into a different ip address with vpn on it don’t matter, trakt won’t know it’s you unless you pay for vip with your personal bank or cc.

I use trakt time to time with my many proton emails while signed onto a ip from USA then use it.

So if they said hey this guy is illegal… whelp my inet traffic is encrypted along with my ip also my ip isn’t real.

We are getting off topic

@dianesalz

Are you setup?

1 Like

Just wanted to mention I had issues with the iptv in the crew and found out if my vpn was set to Canada, no go but if I was in the U.S it was fine.

Thats the thing with iptv, some of it is geo blocked. So if accessing UK channels from say Canada you need to set your VPN to a UK country/town. The same for Canada, U.S.A. and Mexico. Set your VPN to the country the channel is in. VPNs aren’t just for security.

Have fun and STREAM ON.

Kodi is definitely a learning curve. Over the years I have gone from having lots of trouble, bufferring, no feeds and such. This before I discovered RD, what an easy investment! Also mention to those that do subscribe to RD to keep an eye on expiration dates since they don’t send notifications. Kodi does have a community forum if some what to check it out for any help. I also think that using builds are nice but for those who only use a few features there alot of useless add-ons that just slow down everything

2 Likes

Thanks for asking. The answer is no! I uninstalled everything and started over. Jailbreak, downloader, troypoint app, unlinked, cinema, kodi, crew, real-debrid, IPVanish. When I try to watch any channel in IPTV in crew I get this message: Playback failed. One of more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message.

Can you help me with this?

@dianesalz

Sounds like a combatablity issue, which version of kodi did you install? Kodi 19.3 should be installed with the crew.

Also geo locked content will generate this error on some things. For example UK content from the US or vice versa you will get that error.

Check the log and send me the error code.

Also the movies and TV shows are working just iptv? I’m running it now without issue.

I installed Kodi 19.3. I am in the US and I’m trying to watch US TV stations.
I have the Kodi Log File using the tutorial, thank you.
There was no error code, or at least I can’t find where it would be. I only see 41 pages of “stuff” that I can’t figure out!
Movies and TV shows are working, just IPTV not working. AND it is working on another TV in the house that I installed everything on.
Where would I find an error code?
Thanks

NEWS FLASH!!! It’s working now!!!
Don’t know why, but I’ll take the win.
Thank you for spending so much time with me. I really appreciate it.

3 Likes