Is it safe to download a kodi build with my vpn off

Is it safe to download a Kodi build with my vpn off?

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend doing so. Why tip your hand? If you have a VPN, use it.

1 Like

Agreed. Yes, it’s safe to do anything prior to streaming. But it’s a bad habit to get into. Because once you download and install, if you start clicking around before you forget to reenable it you could get into trouble with your ISP.

100% download speeds are faster without a VPN. It’s more of a matter of getting into a mindset of safe practices.

Besides, who knows what entities are monitoring for even the 100% legal downloads, like Kodi builds? And may later use that as a case to stop on van builders. The laws and regulations on what’s Ok and what is not are literally always changing. So why risk setting up software developers for failure who spend a lot of time, money, and energy making these builds and then making them free to end users, like ourselves? It only takes a small scare for some to stop innovating and making these things. So, in my opinion, we should all do our part to keep sites and people like that from getting unwanted and unnecessary attention. I think it’s worth the extra few minutes for the peace of mind and knowing that you’re doing your part. But again, that’s just my opinion.

Better safe than sorry!

1 Like