Is it possible to have Amazon Silver on it’s own on a ThumbDrive

Hello: (my apologies in advance for so much detail)
This is a sort of follow up to a question I asked before but probably could have worded it better. So I’m going to be more specific and with a proposed thought on how to make the problem go away.
First: Per instructions to my original post, I reset my Firestick 4K to factory settings and added any apps nor deleted any of the bloatware that comes loaded.

Every day I get a message that states I need to “run a speed test for accurate troubleshooting recommendations”. As you can see from the attached photo, I am getting more than 200Mbps download speed. I did not take the photo AFTER running the test to demonstrate that there is plenty of speed. After I run a test, I end up with the same results within 10% up or down. I am running on the 5 band side and the router and modem are within 10 feet of the Firestick. So that issue remains. I did a poor job of explaining the problem last time so maybe this will help get me a better answer.
Also, I downloaded an app for my WiFi to see if I am dropping the signal which might cause this to happen but then when I run the test it’s back up. I’ve run the app for 5 days and sometimes it will drop a bit, but no disconnects and no less than 120-140 Mbps ever with or without the VPN on or off. Very little latency.
Question:

What could be causing this problem?

Issue #2 I use Amazon Silver to display content except when the app has it’s own player. For some unknown reason, it will fill up the cache to about 200 MB at which point the horizontal bubbles indicating buffering shows up and I have to come out of the app (an IPTV app), clear the cache, and go back to the channel I was watching. I make sure that every other app has zero cache when possible to maximize space on the Firestick. So I bought an OTD cable and have lots of various thumb drives available in speed and sizes.
Question: Would it be possible to install the Amazon Silver player alone on the thumb drive and thereby give it more room to fill up? And when those ads come up on the right side of the channel list, I try to shut them down as fast as possible because they also add cache (or so it seems).

Thank you and again, please advise if I should have broken this into 2 topics, but though they might be somehow related.

The network download speed test is completely voluntary. There is no need to run it and doing so won’t improve or affect anything. On my 4KMax I’ve run it once since the update added it and never an issue or problem. I use Analiti for testing. Now what is best is adding say an OTG powered hub a 32 GB Sandisk 3.0 USB Drive and put your secondary apps on there. Then you have a couple of extra usb slots for say a mini keyboard dongle and an ethernet port if you want to hard wire your device to the Modem. Keep anything you use regularly like Stremio or TiViMate on the stick as then the Data transfer between app and the Max is faster. Also get Fast Task Killer and run it before a major streaming event to free up RAM. Hope this helps.
Have fun and STREAM ON.

1 Like

I just ordered a Sandisk and OTG cable to do all of that! I’m excited to try it out. Which apps do you mainly keep on the Sandisk? I will keep Tivimate, Syncler, Fast Task Killer and SurfShark on the firestick and shield.

I keep all my secondary apps on the usb drive. Now some will go onto the drive automatically especially if the Developer has added the necessary code into the app. Apps in the amazon store will go onto the Max. So only my main apps like TiViMate, My VPN, stremio and vpn safety dot, all the rest go onto the Sandisk. This kerps the stick with about 2.5GBs free.

Nice, I appreciate the recommendation!

Oh any time. On the Firestick it makes a huge difference on how well it runs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.