Is Amazon Fire TV capable of being sided loaded

Can a smart Amazon Fire TV be sided loaded with “unknown apps” like the capability of a addon Fire Stick?

2 Likes

Yes. Tvs with AndroidTV or FireTV can have developer options and ADB debugging enabled so you can sideload. If you do a search here there are a few posts about this, including enabling developer options on a FireTV system.

1 Like

Thank you,
Sorry, I did a search for this in topics and didn’t find any. I appreciate your help.

Search for “sideloading on a smart tv” or
“developer options on smart tv”

I used the wrong terminology. I even searched on Google and YouTube. I guess my mind is not as sharp as it once was. I am 74 and feeling older every day. I really do appreciate your time and the answer. It will help me help a friend. He was telling me that the remote for his TV also controls the Fire TV aspect. After I finished talking with him, I thought about TVs that are equipped with Fire TV and it started to make sense to me. Then I was trying to find out if I could help him get the app he wanted loaded. He actually knows less than I do. I should have through about using the term Android TV. Once again, I appreciate your time in answering.

Please do not be afraid to ask more precise questions once you’ve searched and done some reading. Each of us does things a different way and have different knowledge and skills. Together, as a team, I’m sure we can help with anything you need. Have fun and STREAM ON.

2 Likes

download adb link simple to use

Thank you for your suggestion
Norm

Thank you for the kinds words of encouragement
Norm

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.