IPVanish VPN issues

I am currently running IPVanish for my VPN, latest version, I believe. I also installed the VPN sfety dot which flashes green when all is well. Occasionally I find the dot will flash red. I then stop my movie and reconnect to a server. I have checked the settings in IPVanish and do not see a setting to reconnect if it disconnects for any reason. By the way I’m running the Wiregard setting. Please help?

1 Like

I got IPVanish that was recommended by TroyPoint and have no problem other than when I go to ustvgo it will not let me open some channels unless I purchase the Nordpass VPN. Am I doing something wrong.

1 Like

No. That happened to me all the time. Eventually I got kodi with the Mad Titan add-on and it has USTVNOW which is the same. It’s under the live tv section.

1 Like

That happened to me quite a lot with IPVanish, it also would not reconnect when it was disconnected. I talked at great lengths with their service dept. and had to uninstall and reinstall an updated version they claimed would help. It didn’t. I gave up my IPVanish subscription and purchased ExpressVPN. No more problems.

1 Like

Does Express VPN work well with Real Debrid?

@Tjazz380

Yes it does.

1 Like

I’ve been using IPVanish for 3 years now, no problems, In IPvanish click on settings, to the right of settings scroll down to IPvanish start up, choose what you want it to do.

1 Like

Yes, there is a setting for it to connect initially. But not to reconnect after it disconnects for any reason

1 Like

I see 2connections on mine, connect on android at start up and auto reconnect.

@Tjazz380

Try reseting your modem or router, and check out this video.

2 Likes

What version are you running?

1 Like

What version are you running on yours?

I am running 19.3 Matrix, only, I re-loaded last night and got Hell on Wheels se5 epp 6 which I couldn’t get before, I couldn’t get eppisodes 5 to the end of season but will continue on tonight.I got this on the crew. tks for answering

I meant what version of IP Vanish

There’s one flaw in this tutorial.
The experiment performed only holds Chicago as a constant.
In order to really tell which protocol is faster, the server needs to be specified also.
When disconnecting & reconnecting to IPV, the ‘best’ server may have changed.

@elginherd

No it doesnt, its the fastest closest server to you, mlowest ms, then change protocols, everyone js going to have a different server for their results

Exactly. I switched from IPVanish to Express VPN for this same chronic problem 3 years ago. No further issues. I do wish it allowed for more than 5 simultaneous connections but it is still worth the cost plus none of these hassles.

1 Like

IPVanish version 3.4.7.7.115142