iPhone Xr vs. Galaxy S10+

I retract my statement about being disappointed with the Galaxy S10+ battery life. Last night, when I was finished using it and ready to charge the phone, I had 30% power left. It seems that when you first use the S10+, the battery is in standard mode. After some time using it, the S10 adapts and optimizes the battery usage to fit your habits. Power isn’t wasted when you are not doing anything, saving power for when you need it.This definitely works. I used to run out of power at the end of the day. Now I have a good percentage left.

1 Like

To get the best out of your Galaxy S10 battery, charge it if you can after it drops below 80%. In other words, when your battery level drops to 60% or 40% or 30%, it is okay to go ahead and fully charge your phone again. Do this for several times throughout the week. Then at least once or twice a week, allow the battery to drain all the way below 20%. Then fully charge it. After that, the battery will adapt itself to your usage pattern and give you the power you need when you need it.

1 Like

Thanks for all the info Bennie.
Much appreciated.

1 Like

I am also a huge Samsung fan. I currently have a Galaxy 8 + which I love. However I have also been really thinking about getting a Google as my next phone. I take a lot. Of pictures with my phone and this discussion is very helpful. I am like Troy, in that I use my phone for calls much less than all the other things that are posible.

1 Like

Thanks for joining the discussion.We started off comparing the Apple Xr to the Samsung Galaxy S10 line. Things have morphed to other great phones and the Google phone seems a contender. Great picture taking capabilities. Share your research with us as others have so we can help one another. Glad to have you on board!

Google also offers unlimited picture storage FOR LIFE, for all Pixel phones, according to articles I’ve read recently. My favorite feature is the call screening, which other phones don’t have. Here’s more info on that. Here's How Google's Call Screening A.I. Works, and How to Use It | Digital Trends

1 Like

I wish the Galaxy S10+ screened calls that’s amazing! Sounds like you have a good phone there. Keep sharing. This is helpful to others.

On the Samsung Galaxy S10
Need a quick way to silence your phone? You are at a live event or your boss calls an impromptu meeting? On the Home Screen:

1. Swipe down from the top and select the gear icon to go into Settings.
  2. Select “Notifications”.
  3. Turn on “Do Not Disturb”.
    You won’t miss anything. All calls, texts and other notifications are still there. They just didn’t disturb you.
1 Like

Giving a shout out to other iPhone Sr users. We heard from @ekuntz47 a while back but where are the rest of you? This is supposed to be a lively discussion about two of the most popular phones on the market. Tell us what features you like about th iPhone Xr so we can all learn and compare.

Love the success stories. I know how it feels getting something right for that partner in our life. Post again. Read my posts and teach her how to use the Galaxy S10+. I just love mine. Waited 8 months for the release and pre-paid as soon as they let me. Got it the first day. Gave my lady the S8+ and I stayed up all night playing with and configuring it. Friends and family hated me for days. I was so excited!

1 Like

Swipe Up!
Want to see all of the apps installed on your Samsung galaxy S10 Plus? From the middle of the screen just Swipe Up. Then you can swipe left several screens and right several screens to see all the apps pre-installed on your device and the ones you’ve installed! They are alphabetical.
If you started off on a screen with some space, just long press the icon and drag it to the bottom. That will place it on a home screen. Just looking? Swipe up again and you are back to your starting home screen. Just Swipe up to see installed apps and Swipe up again to get back where you were.

1 Like

As spoken of in an earlier post, the Samsung Galaxy S10 G5 will be released on Friday, June 28, 2019. It is G5 ready. Right now there are three major carriers leading the pack to make G5 speeds available to the general public. Business users will get it first.
Verizon, Sprint and AT&T expect to debut 5G networks by the end of the year. The speed race continues between the three with AT&T leading Verizon by 2 and Sprint by 3. AT&T has done tests in select cities that show download speeds of 1.8 Gigabits per second. More phones will become available that are 5G capable. Next year 4G LTE will be passe’.

The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G set for release June 28, 2019 will initially come in two colours - Majestic Black and Crown Silver. There are two storage models.One has 256GB and the other has 512GB. It features 4 rear cameras and 2 front facing cameras. The cameras feature Pro Assist which will help you take professional looking pictures.
The battery will provide 15.5 days of standby life and 44 hours of talk time.The display is a 6.7 inch Amoled Cinematic display. It is optimized for one-handed use.
Cost is 1,299.99. This is the phone I wish I had bought. Oh well, there is always the Galaxy S11+ 5G…