IP Vanish shutting off on Fire TV

I have had IP Vanish shut down twice will using Kodi on a 2nd Gen Fire TV. I have switched to Nord with no issues. Anyone else have this happen?
Thanks

I did until I cancelled IPV and got ProtonVPN. No problem now.

This happened to me as well. I have IPVanish and it was dropping my connection. Now, I am trying out ProtonVPN. While it still sometimes disconnects, it is much less than the previous one.

Miki, are there settings I should change? Any tips?

Thanks, Rick

I have also had this happen, not good.

Hi @jimsto25 - We have had this issue once before and contacted IPVanish support for technical assistance who helped us out. NordVPN is also a good product!

2 Likes

What device are you using it on? On the Firestick access to the full settings is limited to none. I have complained about this and they tell me they are working on a new GUI for streaming devices. I found 3 glitches and so far they have released updates within a week or two. I got a notice of another update being released today or tomorrow to fix the disconnect issue that occurs when you click the “home” button instead of the “return” button.

2 Likes

I am running it on a Firestick 3rd Gen. I am in talks with CS myself. I have sent them videos of this happening. I did get a recent update and showed the “Report Issue” button. I have sent them my logs.

Seems like they are working to fix the issue at least.

Keep us posted

1 Like

As soon as I have the github link I’ll post it.

@jimsto25 Hi

This happened to me to l switched to NordVPN.
Very satisfy with their connection and support to.

2 Likes

@jimsto25

I would try changing vpn servers, restsrting your modem as well.

Packet loss is the major factor of vpn disconnects. Anytime your internet is interrupted for a second causes that disconnect. Packet loss can be cuased by a number of things. I didnt have this issue with ipvanish when i used it, but i was on a hard wired connection.

Same deal with me.
I did switch VPN protocols from Wireguard to Openvpn and that seems to have stabilized it for the time being.

OpenVPN UDP should be the fastest open depending on your ISP.

yes, IP Vanish not only shuts down in Cinema freezes after each show and I have to restart my firestick.

I dumped IPV over a year ago for many issues, especially with their constant “Specials” for new customers and ignoring their current customers. Started using Surfshark a few months ago with no regrets to date.

Yeah, richlibel, I’m getting ready to do the same. $90/year is too steep.

I’ve been using ProtonVPN’s free service on a couple of my devices and I’ve been very happy with that. The free plan only allows 1 device to be used at a time, but they have a $48/year plan that allows two devices. I never need more than two anyway. And based on repeated Analyti speed tests, Proton’s free servers speeds up & down far exceed any of the IPV’s regardless of the protocols used.

Proton plus servers have speed boosting technology and I bought a 2 yr sub. I now get consistent 80+MBps down a boost of 20 over other vpns I used.

Update is out. Has been for a few days. More updates coming regularly. Version now 3.3.58.0

Doesn’t everyone use the VPN safety dot? I think it’s a must no matter what VPN you are using.

Why do I feel an irrational attachment to IPV despite the fact that it irks me everytime I see a new subscriber discount…which is often. You use a paid Proton service?

Also, a bit off topic, but I want to send a link to your proton github article to my email but my Gmail option doesn’t show up through this software. Do you know off the cuff how I set my preffered email on windows 10?