Installed Smart tv launcher - and lost remote function -

Hi
Just installed “launch on boot” and smart tv launcher following Troy point guide and the fire stick launches to smart tv launcher but the remote control has completely stopped working as though it’s been zapped - how can I reboot the 4K max fire stick back to Amazon Home Screen please? Thanks

Do you have any other Firestick remotes you can try to program to it? I don’t know much about Smart TV launcher, but have Launch on Boot and another launcher on my Max and never had issues like this.

1 Like
1 Like

You could try the Fire Tv Remote app. It’s a free download for your phone.

2 Likes

Cheers. I used the phone app as suggested and got in ok, managed to delete launch on boot and smart to launcher , never to be used again, but now I have a dead (brand new ) 4k max remote :thinking:
I’ll try various methods of getting some life out of it

Thanks for help guys :ok_hand:

1 Like

Do you have any extra batteries you can try in your remote? Sometimes bad batteries can be the culprit.

1 Like

Yes, the remote is brand new with already new batteries, tried other batteries too - just to be sure so it was without doubt the installation of the 2 apps that caused it as I was watching a programme on the firestick max minutes earlier and decided to add this launcher program :thinking:

It has to just be a coincidence the remote went bad, right? I have never heard of an app directly causing a remote’s failure.

1 Like

Try unpair and the re-pair

I agree it seems coincidental but it was definitely not a coincidence :rofl:

Without doubt it was caused by the installation but I wondered if it was to do with Amazons updates of recent not allowing certain types of apps that can bypass their adverts :thinking:

I’ve tried re-pairing and also resetting the remote but it’s just not doing anything.

Solution…?

1 Like

Probably a “remote” possibility, but when I got my KM1 Deluxe, it had the exact same remote as a Dynalink box I was previously using. I couldn’t get the new remote to pair with the Mecool box. Days of trying and I was about to send it back, when the lightbulb went off, and I tryed the other remote. Bingo, that was it, I was trying to pair the Dynalink remote – got them mixed up. Point being…do you have other FireStick remotes that might have gotten mixed up with the new one? I actually use a razor blade and carve the name of the device on the back of my Fire remotes.

1 Like

Good thought thanks, I have 2 other 4k max firesticks but no, not mixed up as are in different rooms and each marked accordingly.
But good news, I just checked and the remote has started working again, I had left the batteries out for a while and it’s recovered!

I’m baffled because I do know what I’m doing :joy: but what happened was weird!
I’m reluctant to try again - but then I just might :thinking: try installing ‘boot on launch’ on its own and check the remote still works before adding ‘smart tv launcher’

Many thanks for your support and ideas :+1:

This is what I use to make unique identifiable marks on mine. lol

I removed IPVanish from a Fire tablet and installed SS. I don’t think IPVanish liked this. Maybe a coincidence, but the tablet became stuck in a loop. I looked at the code on the BIOS panel which revealed the loop (Fire login Logo constantly flashing). I couldn’t even reset it to factory from the BIOS or buttons. Since got a new tablet but don’t know what to do with the old one since I can’t reset to factory and it’s got personal info on it. It could very well be hammer time.

Those Fire tablets are very inexpensive and basically throw-aways if something goes wrong. I bought Fire HD 10 tablet a year or so ago and used the Fire Toolbox to get rid of Amazon stuff. I think the tab cost me about $50-$60 bucks on the Black Friday deal. I won’t lose any sleep over it when that tab dies. lol

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.