Inquiring Minds Need to Know

Things to keep in your arsenal of tools in the never-ending fight to remain anonymous.

What Is My IP? Quickly See My IP Address and My IP Location

3 Likes

My daily check up is at first boot…

Test your IPv6.

DNS leak test

IP/DNS Detect - What is your IP, what is your DNS, what informations you send to websites.

6 Likes

Excellent tools! I saved all of these in my iptv folder. Thanks for the info!

4 Likes

No prob. They are all in my startup on my pc along with my router page. I always check the road before I drive :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

Good way to test if your vpn is working.

5 Likes

Great compilation of these sites. Some I had bookmarked but they all are now.

2 Likes

Great tools! What does ipv6 mean?

IPv6 (Internet Protocol version 6) is the sixth revision to the Internet Protocol and the successor to IPv4. It functions similarly to IPv4 in that it provides the unique IP addresses necessary for Internet-enabled devices to communicate.

3 Likes

WOW!!! I went to each site you showed, without my VPN, and I was STUNNED :open_mouth: when I saw the results.
I’m going back later with my VPN activated to see the differences. I’ll let you know. Thank you so much for these invaluable tools!!!

Getting back to let you results after I tested my IP/DNS Leaks WITH VPN on. Absolutely :100:% clean as a whistle !!!
Unbelievable!! Thank you so much TXRon :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I apologize for my ignorance on this subject, but I was fiddling around with my router settings and realized I have IPv6 OFF. What are the benefits and issues that could arise (in the streaming world) if I turn this setting ON?

Sorry, I guess my ISP doesn’t support IPv6 yet. Sounds like most ISPs are the same? But from researching, we eventually will go to this for potentially better speed and security. I guess keeping on IPv4 is the way to go, as I know when I had box issues, the first thing they asked me to do was turn of IPv6 to see if the compatibility was better. I’m interested in continuing to learn about this. Does anyone out there have IPv6 ON and it is working properly?

ipv6 is the latest but most insecure method of connecting. Most vpns will default to ipv4. Personally I disable ipv6 on every pc when I get it(at least in browser settings).

2 Likes

It seems like a setting we would want to use until you start researching it. These high end, mesh routers have so many dadgum buttons on the UI software lol. One could really screw up an internet if you aren’t careful. You know how I hate to just leave buttons alone and not fiddle with them! ughhh :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :joy:

1 Like

yeppers, best be careful with those settings. When you run a dns leak test and find info youd rather not find its often due to ipv6 leaking your info.

So strange. The articles make it seem like it will increase security in the future. Maybe it will, eventually. If this thing has been around since the 90s, what the heck are they waiting on? lol

one of the purpose of a vpn is to prevent ipv6 leaking

3 Likes

Super Awesome , Thank you for this great info!

2 Likes