India Orders VPN Companies Store User Data

How long though before these browsers are regarded in the same context as VPNs? Law makers around the globe are working overtime to make it a legal requirement for companies and individuals to be ‘visible’ and ID verified, or we are not getting online.

Man I’m not sure you should be let loose on Troypoint. I mean really isn’t win-doze #1?
I had and used linux, but to show you how long ago that was, it was Ubuntu. I had a journal full of codes, then along came a GUI for linux, and that opened a lot of new possibilities.

I started on ubuntu then linuxmint on and on several distros and have been happy with manjaro about 3-4 years.

1 Like

Reading in the UK tonight about USA Supreme Court passing laws to take control of womans bodies, so I dont doubt taking control of online activity is beyond their scope of interference.

Jeez, stress us out some more why don’t yeh :sunglasses::joy::grin:

OK that’s it. Doobie time. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Im dusting off the spare laptop and getting busy formatting it as my ‘dark’ device :joy::joy:

1 Like

@KingPro

Not to get off topic or into political, i fully understand what you are talking about. Its going to be a fight and wont be overnight.

1 Like

Indeed! :+1: hardcore internet users will find a solution :sunglasses:, yer average Joe will just need to conform :no_mouth:

OK, so if the U.S. passed a similar law that VPN providers within the US were required to keep intrusive records and I used Nord, a Panamanian company, does Panama have to kneel to US authority? What about PROTON VPN in Switzerland? I can see some issues with this one’s enforcement. So, if Miki is in Mexico watching Bollywood movies using Proton VPN, what’s India gonna do about it and how do they know?

1 Like

Their laws only apply to VPNs located in their country. They cannot force other countries to conform to their laws.

1 Like

The supreme court doesnt pass laws and has no interest in controling controling women’s bodies. Dont fall for that lie.

2 Likes

Well as the final arbiter of the law, they can sure mess with it and enforce changes to decisions made using current laws. But as another poster mentioned, this aint the place to get political…so Im out! :+1:

1 Like

It is with great sadness that I agree with @KingPro. Mentioning the actions of The Supremes is 100% political, which is shameful. They hold positions that could set an example for us all.

1 Like

Indeed! So the only conclusion I can come to is countries banning the use of VPN’s. Its crazy, complex and throws up more questions than answers.

Laws and their enforcement are always complex. While I agree to keeping watch on other country’s lawmaking, what goes on in my country (USA), is what’s important to me. I see the fearmongering by information sources and the panic among followers, which is unnecessary. The USA is a much more tolerant country. YES, that can change! Do you wonder why ACA, SAG et. al. go to court outside the USA? Perhaps because they have no legal standing to bring suit in the USA? Currently! So let’s Chill.

I’m chill, just observations and opinions considering the thread subject was about one country, only natural that people would consider wider implications.