How to Use Real-Debrid on Kodi & APKs

Depends if you use a Build or Addons. With the Build I have been using for several years I only need to Authorize RD one time.

Hey Troy thereā€™s just one problem, if you disable or turn off the vpn that same rd account will show your original isp info. So say I make a whole new account with vpn on. It shows ss as my isp, but Then I turn it off afterwards (bc the device I use I need to access stuff and site blocking happens) rd will change it back to the isp. If I turn ss on again it will see ss. So creating a whole new account for privacy is unnecessary, unless you never plan on turning off the vpn. Just thought you should know.

Yes, I understand that but I never turn off VPN on my streaming device so itā€™s not a problem. If I do turn it off, as long as I donā€™t use Real-Debrid itā€™s not going to detect the IP Address change.

I make it a habit to go into my RD account every couple of weeks and delete all the downloads and records. Thereā€™s a red X at the top right of the lists that you click to clear the pages. First time I found this there must have been 10 pages each.

Thanks for pointing this out. I need to make this a habit, too.

1 Like

Iā€™m only posting this as I want everyone to know how Real-Debrid deals with deleted links, etc.

Everyone should be aware that even if you delete files in your account their privacy policy indicates that they hold onto those logs for one year.

Datalogging

Files links that Users download are stored in a database for legal concerns and our internal use. All saved links are erased within 1 month for security reasons and service needs. However all requests made on our site are stored for 1 year, the legal retention period.

And this is found under Terms of Service/Service Usage.

The User acknowledges not to use our service to download copyright infringement digital files punishable by a suspension of his account and reporting to competent organizations and authorities: SociĆ©tĆ© des Auteurs de lā€™Audiovisuel (SAA), etc. The User acknowledges not to use our service to download digital files implementing children or animals punishable by a suspension of his account and reporting to competent organizations and authorities: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), etc. We do not own the files that the user downloads, we canā€™t verify their content and canā€™t be held responsible for their downloads. The User certifies that he will not use a dedicated server, VPS or any cloud service on our service other than by using his Remote Traffic (which is in addition to the subscription). Any account sharing or generated links sharing will lead to a suspension of the User account. Hosts without clearly indicated limit are considered unlimited, within the limit of a reasonable use of the User (based on the price and the original limitations of the host compared to the price paid on our service), any consumption beyond this so-called reasonable use may be temporarily limited.

1 Like

Ya need to be a lawyer to understand this stuff. For instance, the following confuses me. Saved links are erased within 1 month but requests are kept for a year. Now links are not files and requests are not verification of any actual activity. So is this anything we need to be concerned about? And what are the legal ramifications of ā€œrequestsā€? :judge:

Not buying into any Fear Mongoring with Real Debrid. There are enough Nervous Nellies here as it is. Been using real Debrid for over 5 years now and I have zero worries about any issues. But thatā€™s just me

Ya same here. Iā€™ve been using it for the same amount of time and getting 6 months at a go and renew with my CC. Never a moment of worry. Cached in my fidelity points whenever I can. Next lot is in July.
Have fun and STREAM ON!!!

Iā€™m actually surprised that Real Debrid hasnā€™t had any problems with ACE/MPA. It only takes one subpoena and all of those logs will be in their hands. $3 per month is worth it to me to stay protected, 1 cup of coffee costs more than that at Starbucks.

2 Likes

One more thing. If you follow Troyā€™s Real Debrid setup video you can use one RD account in multiple locations as long as you always use a compatible VPN like Surfshark when using it. I use the same account at both of my homes with Surfshark always running on all of my streaming devices and it works great.

I donā€™t use a VPN and have used the same RD Account in multiple locations as well

1 Like

I was same as I had to confirm new location via email that they sent but eventually they banned my account and said I was sharing. There must be a threshold that they have for this.

If you are using multiple locations at the same time from the same account thatā€™s a no no. But when I travel I take a Firestick with me and have had no issues using RD at another location

Like Iā€™ve indicated before on this website, I have seen notices of infringement of copyright on real debrid feeds

Just went to Real Debrid to renew my subscription and Coinbase is not available for payment with crypto. Coingate is the exchange listed and it is not available to US citizens. I did use Startmail previously and would like to keep Surfshark VPN on to keep my IP address private. I did not see an opportunity to use a wallet either. I will probably use a pre-paid debit card, because I can not give up Real Debrid. Hope someone has another option.

In the last couple of years Iā€™ve had my info hacked in three big companies.
Att, Calif gov, Retirement fund. I just use my credit card and a paid identity theft insurance. Because if u donā€™t give it up some knucklehead at a company will!
And because these companies were hacked and my information got out the last 3 years Iā€™ve had free theft insurance.

Just use your personal credit card. Been doing this for years. No issues. Nobodyā€™s coming after you. This forum is full of useless paranoia

2 Likes