How To Stream IPTV on Roku with Step-by-Step Guide

Originally published at: How To Stream IPTV on Roku with Step-by-Step Guide

The following tutorial will provide you with step-by-step instructions to install IPTV on Roku for your live streaming needs. Because Roku uses a closed source system, we must “sideload” IPTV onto this device for use. This will require the use of a computer in order to download the IPTV app file and add it to…

No longer works. Roku took it down.

3 Likes

I had noticed some people here looking for a way to play their sub or play an m3u of live channels on a Roku. Just happened to come across this information while reading about a Uniden scanner, it was the next subject after mine. There is an app in the Roku store which is a capable IPTV/M3U player. It’s called Ibo Player Pro. (it’s free) I can’t vouch for it’s usefulness as I haven’t tried it, but I thought it was worth mentioning for the Roku owners who’ve been searching for an app of this kind.

3 Likes

Ibo pro player allows Roku devices to play your third party provider service. After they blocked smarters pro thought this would never happen. For like $9 per Roku device you can activate app and login and watch your channels and VOD directly on the Roku and it seems to play it perfectly somehow haven’t seen any buffering at all in 3 days of testing. Channels are somehow playing better than my shield. App has 7 day free trial to play around with it before having to pay anything. Thought y’all might want to know

2 Likes