How to find what server your provider is on?

I’m trying to set up my media center with 3 providers on 3 different servers. My question is how do you find what server that each provider is on? I thought maybe the last set of numbers that’s on the end of an xtream code url would be it. For example: http://(your IPTV provider).net:232876. I’m I correct on this or not?

The xtream code is the server url…so whatever your provider sent as an xtream code will be your playlist code…now, where to find it on your player depends on what kind of player you’re using. What are you using as an IPTV player? In TiviMate, you just go to playlists & click on each playlist…scroll down to xtream code parameters & click on that…not sure about other players. Personally, I name mine in the set up process so I can differentiate my playlists more easily.

4 Likes

Yes absolutely but what I was trying to do is find 3 iptv providers on three different servers. Sometimes you get multiple providers running on the same server and I was trying to avoid that if I could.

1 Like

OK…sorry about explaining what you already knew…I copy what you’re looking for now…I’ve tried to figure that out also but have not been able to distinguish anything from the url that would definitively tell me that. Some end the same…some end differently but look the same when opened…so no…haven’t figured out how to do that. I only use a main & a backup & can tell they are not on the same servers by how they’re set up.

2 Likes

What I always do is just ask the server admin if his server is located on same as *serverxxx. I actually just asked that a few days ago on a telegram chat and was promptly answered. I also do not not want my iptv providers on same server.

2 Likes

I emailed them about how come (provider x) has the same channel setup the same sports catagoeries even the same 24/7 tv series and movies. Their response is we don’t know who (provider x) and we run our content on our own server.

1 Like

and thats most likely a true statement. Many feeds are aggregated from the same or like sources. So im thinking thats why you see similar setups. Some providers go all out and try to impress with various features. As for me all I care about is that the feed works because my appearance is all contained within Tivimate and there is where I arrange everything into groups etc.

3 Likes

Yep…stability…stability…stability…

2 Likes

What if they are on a CDN ( Content Delivery Network)? Then they are cloud based.

1 Like

You’re right I didn’t even think about cloud based servers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.