How to add multiple builds to kodi

What device are you using?

1 Like

Hi @Eagleintexas
Like @Throttlejockey, what device are you using? Assuming it’s Firestick or FireTV you won’t have enough storage for two builds.
So, if you are set on using builds, might need to choose one. Might I suggestion, instead of using a build, install Kodi and one or two add-ons, or Stremio or Syncler.

1 Like

Like said above if you have the storage you can download a fork of kodi for another install. Troy has that in the RAI.

1 Like

I am using the Fire Cube. How would I use Stremio or Syncler in conjunction with Kodi? Don’t understand the popularity of Kodi if only one build can be used. It looks like there must be about 20 builds listed on Troypoint. If my interests are MLB, NFL, COLLEGE FOOTBALL/BASEBALL, and Movies, I don’t believe one build will do it.

Thanks for your replies,
Duwayne

2 Likes

If you’re just trying to watch these particular sports on live TV I would suggest a paid TV service and an iptv player like TiVimate.

1 Like

Builds are just different “skins” or flavors of the kodi system. Kodi is a media browser and within a build you can find everything you want, and if not you try another build. Some people like moe movie type builds, others sports…or a good mixture. No need for multiple builds unless you just like to check out whats happnin on the other side of the fence. Many people prefer to go NO build and add only the addons they like. Lotsa choices :+1:

1 Like

@Eagleintexas

Yes you can try any build you like as mentioned above that depends on your device and storage.

But if you want to watch eg. Sport channels that exists in one build, and not in other build “Vice Versa”. Your best choice is to install a separate apps for it.

Here is the TP manual for the best apps for your device. To choose the right app scroll down to table of contents then follow the link to install. :+1:

Thanks again for your reply. Still have a lot to learn, but have been provided some very interesting reading material.

Duwayne

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I have a lot of experimenting to do.

Duwayne

Thanks for all the information. It should help a lot and be a fun read.

Duwayne

Thanks for your reply. Information provided should be very helpful.

Duwayne

2 Likes

@Eagleintexas

You’re welcome have a fun with reading. If you have any other questions pls post them we will be glad to help. :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome to the insider @Eagleintexas . Any other questions you have don’t be shy ask away.
Have Fun and STREAM ON.

Welcome to the community, there is tons of info on Troypoint.com so just search and read. Have a great day! :v:

1 Like

A build consists of a custom skin, button layout, different add-ons, etc. You can only have one build per instance of Kodi.

A fork is a second instance of the Kodi app. You can install several different forks and install a different build on each one. This is not recommended.

To get everything you want on one instance of Kodi you have to install the add-ons individually, not use a build. As you get more advanced you can choose to make your own build if you want to.

As suggested above, if you are trying to watch a ton of sports I suggest you look into a paid IPTV service and use Tivimate for live TV. This is what I do. I only use Kodi for movies and TV shows.

3 Likes

I am fairly new myself.
I am interested in sports and movies as well.

I found the basic kodi 19.4 with specific addons allows me lots of choices for those 2 topics.

I have tried a variety of builds trying to find one that gives me feeds without real debrid .

But the basic Kodi with a few addons puts less strain on my android tv boxes.

I am using a build from Doomzday repo.

I use the crew for both movies and sports .
Mad titans is another sports one
Asgard is good .

The lists in Troypoint are good u just need to check them out. If u r not into installing addons directly the builds take care of that for you .

I am not sure I can mention a specfic build in this forum .

Kodi can be scary but when i learnt u can not break it my confidence in trying things.

U may want to read some stuff by jayhawk on Kodi , he helped me alot when I was starting out

@Eagleintexas

There’s a way to download multiple build on your device. I personally go for on build, but if you like to know more about how to do that.

Watch the video from TP manual on how to install multiple kodi builds.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.