How do you record long shows in Tivimate

Yeah…copy all the flash drive info…I’ve heard the same about them. Will have to experiment with tivimate recordings & see if I can learn how much buffering it takes to make it quit recording. Thnx…

2 Likes

The SSD.
… so what is that, and how to set it up? (That’s probably a whole thing in of itself I am guessing).

1 Like

Solid State Drive; answered my own question. I assume it needs to be formatted to Fat32? Maybe that will take care of my recording issues.

SSD is a solid state drive . Very efficient , no moving parts. Look into m.2 nvme ssd.

So something like this: SAMSUNG 980 SSD 1TB M.2 NVMe Interface Internal Solid State Drive with V-NAND Technology for Gaming, Heavy Graphics, Full Power Mode, MZ-V8V1T0B/AM

I’d just plug it in?

lol, Thats my main ssd in my computer right now. But you can use that as an external with an enclosure. Look for the buffalo ssd drives. I have both. one looks like a large flash drive and the other is a typical external enclosed ssd with a usb-c interface.

edit… I use the buffalo usb type with my tablo for recording tv

1 Like

This is a whole new level of confusion now… gonna need to watch a lot of YouTube.

1 Like

Its easy, just think of a ssd as a better flash drive. Both will do the same only this one is better.
Amazon.com: BUFFALO External SSD 500GB - Up to 600MB/s - USB-C - USB-A - USB 3.2 Gen 2 (Compatible with PS4 / PS5 / Windows/Mac) - External Solid State Drive Stick - ‎‎‎SSD-PUT500U3B : Electronics
https://www.amazon.com/BUFFALO-External-500GB-USB-‎‎‎SSD-PUT500U3B/dp/B0932C6G8Z/ref=sr_1_4?crid=A7A46NZ7HPYF&keywords=buffalo%2Bssd&qid=1642465312&sprefix=buffalo%2Bssd%2Caps%2C341&sr=8-4&th=1

1 Like

BTW I also have issues to using a Fat32 formatted 64 GB SanDisk. I have had success with recording 1 hour shows. I often get 97 minutes of recording a daily 3 hour show. Then I can get a lot of 1 minute recordings or 3 minute recordings, which sucks. My FireTV 4K is not overheating (I’ve checked). I use the dogel to prevent that. But it could be buffering issues messing up the recording. I have unreliable slow internet that may buffer from time to time and that may be killing the recording. Doesn’t sound like that is your issue though?

@TXRon does that better flash drive still need to be formatted to Fat32? I ask, because if it does, then it needs to be formatted on Windows. I have a Mac so I personally can’t do that.

1 Like

You can use external player when that happens. Like MxPlayer or VLC. Works fine then FF RW

I never formatted it except through my android when it sets it up it formats it at that time. I know nothing about macs but I use linux and have the format options if need be.

1 Like

Ok, that SSD:
I just plug it into the Fire Stick and it works. I format as external, not as internal to the fire stick right?
… or did I just get totally lost?

yes, external. If done right it should work. Its not hard to do or setup. The other factors involved in recording are going to be buffering/bandwidth/connection.

1 Like

Will this still need to be done on 2 hour segments for a longer record session?

I record to an external hard drive. It is not formatted as fat32 with the 4G file size limitation.

If your recording media is not fat32 you should be able to record larger file sizes.

Fat32 sucks for recording larger things.

Interesting. So it maybe using Fat32 is why I can never record more than 90 minutes. Good to know.

1 Like

Yeah, I am am having the worst time. About to throw in the towel on the whole iptv/record thing. I formatted my 2tb external hard drive to fat32. It sucks.

Now I have all sorts of issues with the firestick. I need to unplug it and restart it everyday. I think I may have to completely reboot. Idk. Irritating.

I use Linux mint OS with their file format. But windows should work as well.

I would try formatting your external drive using something besides fat 32.

1 Like

Yes fat 32 limit you to 4 GB file size. Depending on the recording resolution you may get an hour and a half to 2 hours. Using fat 32.

1 Like