Help.... I've dropped my Buzz TV X5 into a cup of coffee

Hi, Ok, so I dropped my BT400 remote into a cup of coffee [please no laughing :grinning:] So i’ve now got it into silica gel to try a dry it out. It was only in the coffee for milliseconds and I took the batteries out immediately as well.

However, in the worst-case scenario and the remote is not good could anyone suggest a good alternative remote, bear in mind that I live in the UK. The reason I mention that I’m in the UK is that it’ll cost me $50 dollars to get a remote sent from USA/Canada as they are not available in the UK yet.

TIA

Use a guitar plectrum to prise the remote open then separate all the bits soak them in isopropyl alcohol and then dry them with a low temperature hairdryer.

1 Like

Just make sure to remove any hidden screws in battery compartment.

between you and me the remote never lived up to all the hype. I find it difficult using the round directional button…so no big lose imho. There are tons of good ir and bt remotes out there. One of my favs is the k25
Amazon.com: Rii K25 Multifunction Portable 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Fly Mouse Keyboard and Remote Control with Rechargeable Li-ion Battery (Black) : Electronics
https://www.amazon.com/Rii-Multifunction-Portable-Wireless-Rechargeable/dp/B06XHF7DNQ/ref=sr_1_8?crid=VDWBRM4D880Q&keywords=zyf+z10+air+mouse+remote+black&qid=1660681419&sprefix=z10+zyf+remote%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-8

3 Likes

Why do I need to remove the screws? I’m curious and learning all the time​:grin::grin:

@TXRon will that remote work on a onn without using the dongle?

Sorry TXRon, I’m not sure what you mean, what is “onn”, like I say, I’m not very good at all this techie stuff,lol.

1 Like

Is the remote that you have “linked” me easy to set up with the Buzz box, bearing in mind that I might not be able to pair it with the BT400 remote if I cannot get it to work again?

nope, needs the usb ir plug

1 Like

no pairing needed, its ir. So it comes with a usb plug that connects.

1 Like

This is exactly what I’ve needed for some time. Thanks for the recommendation. :dark_sunglasses:

1 Like

I love my mini keyboard 2.4 Ghz with it’s little USB dongle. Plugs right into my powered hub right beside the added USB Drive. With all the programming and testing I do, I wouldn’t be without it.

1 Like

Hi I didn’t mean to insult your intelligence but you would be surprised how many people don’t know they are there and prise unit apart breaking it.

No problem mate. you never insulted my intelligence,lol. I’m just not quite as savvy as people on here and I need stuff explained to me. Eeeee the joys of being old, hehe :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry for the delays in my replies, it’ll be the time difference between the UK and The USA.

All your replies/help are much appreciated.

So it looks like I’ll be getting the Rii K25 Multifunction Portable 2.4GHz Mini Wireless Fly Mouse Keyboard and Remote Control with Rechargeable Li-ion Battery if the BT400 doesn’t spring back into life when I try it later on today,

Thanks again to everyone :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @TXRon I’m thinking :thinking: of getting this for my x5. I’ve been using a Wechip which I love the airmouse part of but it’s lacking on other features. Does this one control volume and does the mouse work the same as wechips airmouse or does the mouse need the directional pad to navigate? Thanks :grin: in advance.

ive currently got this hooked up to my shield for when I need the fly mouse or keyboard and it works fine. If you can wait till later today I will get the x5 out for its occasional update check I will test it for you. I will say the i25 rii is a no brainer for the price. It has/does everthing. The only thing that would make it better is bluetooth but I would imagine the price wouldnt stay where its at.

Thanks @TXRon, I’m praying the test goes good cause I just ordered it. 57 bucks in Canada. Thanks again. :grin:

1 Like

couldnt wait could ya :rofl:… but I understand when you have permission to spend its GO time before that window closes. :rofl: :eyes:

1 Like

Try raw white rice . It draws out the moisture . It works sometimes with cell phones .

1 Like