Has anyone seen or used this VPN alternative

Has anyone seen or heard of this:
Deeper Connect Nano Decentralized VPN Cybersecurity Hardware for $289
I saw it on Apple news this morning, saw a YouTube review video from last year and just wondering if anyone has used the DPN vs VPN technology??

I have heard of it, and been meaning to try it out. Its supposedly has a 7 layer firewall with auto country tunneling for paid services. It also has packet filtering and protection from packet sniffers.

Its a interesting take. I may get one and review it.

3 Likes

Looks fairly new and ive never heard of it but it appears to have been around 25 years :joy:

Seriously looks interesting and is sold out on amazon.

One thing you really have to check is what your downspeeds are or what you pay for, one of these only works up to 100 and the other to 1g, and if you go full route mode which masks your ip you will see slower downspeeds as if using a vpn.

Yea maybe Troy can do a review and give it away :joy:…naw he’d just keep it in his space ship. :grimacing: :sunglasses:

Yes, if it doesn’t have 1 gig speed capabilities you’ll be in the same boat as a Vpn. Anything to get the Vpn or such directly on a run of the mill router, not just an Asus. That’s what I’d like to see get developed and take speed out of the equation.

1 Like

The average home internet user needs to avoid getting bogged down with too many security options. I’ve seen people wonder why their device runs sluggish, only to discover they have 30+ processes running to ensure their data is safe and activity private. Unless you are working from home on a dual contract with Nasa and the CIA, what you trying to achieve? :joy:

@KingPro

You are right in a sense, the average user wont need these steps and a simple vpn is just fine. Splitting your isp supplied modem to a router is considered something that will slow your inet down or can because of a split. I think a vpn installed at the router with split tunneling for paid apps is good enough for day to day.

For me tho i do a lot of secuirty stuff and deep net browsing and site security with nfc encryption keys for my logins so id like to see how this works on a multi network from my hifi isp supplied modem at 1g and how it affects wifi 2.4/5g

1 Like

Indeed! I had a friend who wanted more protection for his online banking. He was using an browser extension provided by his ISP, was in the official banking app and using HSBC Rapport authenticity for his device. I told him he was risking overkill but he wasnt convinced. Not to mention he’s on a windows 11 pc with malwarebytes, comodo antivirus and god know what else :joy::joy::joy:

@KingPro

A good malware and anti vrius is good protection with a vpn, especially with banking.

But those transactions are typically https encrypted alteady. Unless the payment wall is spoofed. Windows defender is really good for the average user. Nothing wrong with that it works for him.

Overkill:

Proxy server
Socket 5 enabled tor broswer with proxy server changing my servers every 10 mins. Along with firewall and malware protection. Those servers bounce my masked ip to about 3 countries before looping. And a mac adress spoofer along with hardware spoofing.

Did i win? :stuck_out_tongue: anyways id love to review this device. Its a neat idea.

1 Like

Yup, your set-up meets your needs, his just restricts his low-spec devices performance :joy::joy:

1 Like

one of the biggest security threats are browser extensions :alien:

1 Like