Has anyone else had a problem with CRAVETV on Amazon GEN 1 Fire devices?

My FireTV devices all gen 1 stopped working with CraveTV in Late March, Crave reports “update app to continue…” but there is no update available, and I have spent hours on the phone with amazon and Crave. nobody at either is able to help me with the issue. I don’t know where else to ask, Troy is a genius with this stuff…so please if anyone can help. If this post breaks the forum rules please advise and remove im just desperate. Original Amazon fire tv STB, 1st gen fire tv cube, first gen Firestick. all updates complete. Everything else works on these devices…just not CRAVETV. thanks and Cheers.

@Grummppy

Sounds like the update Crave pushed broke the app for older gen models, its hard to tell, as crave is a paid app there isnt a whole lot we can do. You could do a full system reset and try again.

Thanks for the info. I did a restore to factory, twice, did all the updates, crave would load, then fail and ask for the update. on all devices…

@Grummppy

That sounds like a issue on craves end in all honesty. I think they broke something. Asking for a update if its already updated to latest seems to me its them.

Are you loading this on a Canadian firestick and accessing it from Canada? It’s a Bell media service and I imagine geo locked. If you haven’t already tried it, maybe give a VPN a go and choose say a Montreal server.

Youi should probably get rid of any first (and second) gen firesticks, they are just painfully slow and bordering on the unusable.

Yes, and yes. Just got off the phone again with Amazon, they have advised me they may be replacing my cube. Apparently this is not normal. they will let me know on Tuesday…I’ll keep you in the loop!

2 Likes

That’s perfect. Good for you.

Heard from Crave today after 45 days of BS from their “tech” support. I will be dropping their service, they wonder why people find “other” ways to circumvent the “cable”. “”"Hello David,

Thank you for your patience. FireTV Cube 1st Generation is not compatible anymore with Crave. Therefore, it can’t be downloaded on that device. We highly suggest to change your FireTV to a newer version for example a FireTV Stick 4K.

If you require any further assistance, please reply to this email or call us at 1-888-272-8388 from 9 AM to 11 PM (EST) and we’ll be happy to assist you. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Mary Garcia
Customer Service Representative"

Good luck staying in business when you cost your customers $$$ because you can’t make your updates backwards compatible:

@Grummppy

To be fair, things can only be capable with older devices for so long. I agree we shouldnt have to upgrade our stuff every year, but sometimes to make apps and content viable for everything it breaks older code. Its a shame but code changes all the time.

Everything on crave can be gotten via other means on your old device.

Wow. So their service stops working on a device you’ve been using for their service and they aren’t going to code a fix or even warn customers ahead of time. Ouch

1 Like

From Amazon!
|Message From Customer Service||
|Hello,

I’m sorry to hear about the problem you’ve had with your Fire TV Cube, Hands-free streaming device with Alexa, 4K Ultra HD, includes latest Alexa Voice Remote.

I’ve created a replacement for you at no additional charge.

The estimated delivery date for your replacement order is Thursday, May 19, 2022. To see the order details of the replacement order, visit Your Account at the top of any page on our website or use the following link

WOOOOOT. WOOOOOOT!!!

1 Like

Thanks to all on the forum for their input and guidance. Seems to me Crave should have communicated these changes with their customers, and devices for which they were licenced. it would have saved a lot of time and energy for everyone, if they had just been upfront about it.

…one more thing, Thanks to Amazon for their patience and understanding, I really wish they had their Canadian support was in Canada not Costa Rica, I am pretty sure that was actually part of the problem with why resolving the issue took so long.

Im glad its all resolved! Will close topic. Cheers mate abd enjoy.