Getting low download speeds with VPN

I have a question about IPvanish.
I have an Android box (Formuler 8 Pro) and when I connect to my home pc (wireless connection) I get good speeds both when vpn on an off. When i take the same box to my daughter’s house (In the same neighborhood and same isp servers) we get good speeds for up load and downloads with vpn off but only 4mbps on down load and good uploads with vpn on . why do i get real low download speeds?

@turboed

Welcome to the community.

I would encourage you to read up on vpn guides, change protocols, try wireguard. Run speed tests.

Alot of things effect your downspeeds. There is guides and troubleshooting tips in there for Android. I use a z8 pro my self. Just not ipvanish, you will get a loss but as long as you are above 40 should be good.

3 Likes

If using WiFi you may be getting interference from some source. Try using an ethernet adapter, if you can, and see if you get a more stable and consistent speed.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Question about buffering on IPTV service

i’m thinking the router at your house maybe better than the one at your daughter’s house?
just a thought,are you both using 5g routers? made a big diff for me with vpn

1 Like

Same here. I kept blaming the firesticks etc…turned out the router was the issue.

Hey @turboed My suggestion would be to fiddle with your VPN protocols & or take a peek into her router settings & see if something catches your eye. GL2U

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.