Full data on Firestick

Have not seen this problem before. My son informed me that he had been ignoring the warnings that stated he was running out of space on his Firestick, as well as the warning to delete some apps to free up space. Well, that resulted in the Firestick not responding to anything. He stated, with the last warning, that was different and seemed more urgent than the others, he was going to settings to delete some apps. As soon as he got to settings, everything froze. He tried repeatedly, but no response. Eventually the screen saver came on. Could not get any action or response. I unplugged the Firestick and replugged. It booted to the home screen, but nothing else. I am wondering if there is a way to factory reset a Firestick that is data full with no response to any buttons. I have already checked the remote and batteries and have tried to ensure the remote was connected to the Firestick. But I can get no response. So I paired the remote to another Firestick and everything worked well. I just need to be able to get in there and delete some apps, and/or factory reset. Perhaps there is an obscure way to factory reset, in spite of all of the above. I, of course, DO NOT want to throw away the Firestick. May I have some assistance?

Hold down the select and play/pause buttons at the same time.

2 Likes

Thank you so much. I will try it.

If that doesn’t work, try conecting the stick to a pc and try deleting a few apk files. You can always download them again after you factory reset everything.

JJ, it worked. That’s what I’m talking about. Not just a community, but a brotherhood. Thanks so much.

1 Like

I had the same problem with the running out of space, reset to factory and reloaded all the same apps, now shows only using half of the available space, no clue why I got the running out of space notice. I did it before the problem you are having.

2 Likes

If you’ve got ES file explorer, run it, go down to Tools/cleaner and it’ll ID any junk or obsolete apk install files that you can remove with no harm/no foul…

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I will certainly do that.