Firmware update for Buzz x5

Me too. Taking a little longer than I thought to reinstall apps from scratch. Was pleased with how smoothly the two updates went. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Did ya ever feel like the guy in the room with the dunce cap on.:person_gesturing_ok:

Happy Anniversary PapaS. We both joined Insider on the same day.

2 Likes

Right back at ya @Steve_Vee. And what a great place to be, I canā€™t believe its been a year. :wave:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a member of that club. 365 days same as you two. wooohooo.

1 Like

Well then, big Happy Anniversary to you to @Miki. Have a great day :grinning:

2 Likes

And you as well PapaS. Nice to be part of a distinguished group. Have a wonderful day.

1 Like

Iā€™m sitting here laughing :smiley: at my own stupidity. I think I just figured out why thereā€™s a piece of cake beside my avatar. :sweat_smile::rofl::joy: Between the 3 of us, thereā€™s alot of cake in this thread.

1 Like

So we can have our cake and eat it. Pretty cool. 365 days for me without a missed day visiting here. Nice to have met you and Vee Papa. I look forward to more in the future.

2 Likes

My cake day was yesterday canā€™t believe a year learned a lot thanks to everyone involved here :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

To be honest pretty much anything would have been smoother than the state of my box before that update. But its now like having a new toyā€¦and yes starting from scratch as it wiped everything.

Hate to sound so stupid but am I to understand that if I want this update I need a computer and also this will be like starting all over again?

Thats what mine did. I applied the patch as instructed and the box re-booted to a prompt to setup my remote<<< 1st clueā€¦then normal install setup from scratch.

Its a fairly big update with multiple updates

So if I donā€™t update, is my box eventually toast?

Glad it worked out for you. Happy to see your X5 off the injured reserve list and back in the game. :roller_coaster:

1 Like

Well, thertes good and bad for the X5. The shield came in with all the x5 failures and now its not going anywhere :joy:ā€¦ its just a better interface than any other box ive triedā€¦nuff saidā€¦so the x5 will become a backup or put on a lesser used tv for now. I still prefer tivimate to the x5 iptv playerā€¦just need tivimate to incorporate local tv tuners and im good :+1:

3 Likes

Update- I posted my no computer problem on stbtalk and questioning if my device would become toast eventually without the update. Well lo and behold @allaboutbuzz sent me a ptivate message requesting my product receipt and they are now sending me an sdcard with the files on it. Gotta say Iā€™m impressed with that kind of service.:grin:

2 Likes

very cool, bout time they contacted all device owners with that firmware and helped them out too.

1 Like

Just remember PapaS that firmware will erase the box and start over, so prepare now :grimacing: :eyes:

That sucks but what can you do, maybe Iā€™ll stash that sdcard away and just wait cause I prefer tivimate also so if the only changes are mostly for the buzz5 app, I donā€™t want any changes.