Firesticks are no 1 target

Frying firesticks? That kind of sounds like fun. Sorry

in the news today uk police staged a mass crackdown on firestick streamers one arrest was made now thats a massive crackdown :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Saw a similar article but didnt mention arrestsā€¦or arrest lol

I am hopeful a vpn would protect the users.

i would think vpn would be fine but i had to laugh about the article its the keystone cops all. over again . and if thats the result of a mass crackdown i wont lose any sleep over it

1 Like

Is it true Amazon is going to stop us from using it to stream on Kodi or Cinema HD?

not so far always be a work around :+1:

2 Likes

The best work around is not buying a Firestick/cube/box. :grin:

I have one left and Iā€™m waiting for Amazon to give me a reason to replace it.

1 Like

i think when they launch there new op system it will be on new devices not existing ones

Not sure, but my MOTTO is to use it until I canā€™t.

3 Likes

agree dont worry about things that havent happened :+1:

1 Like

I would love to root my stick n phone triedgot lost when I was instructed to hold the button down for a certain amount of minutes and then a safe mode screen came up and I just got so lost and but I would love to learn how to root

You want to root a stick, follow the instructions I posted above. :point_up_2: but as I also mentioned, be prepared to brick it. Shorting out those micro capacitors is not easy. For all the effort involved it really isnā€™t worth it, unless, of course, you want to do it just to say you did.

Thanks I fav the link and will use it . Whenā€™s Mass cracked down happens lol thanks again I am going to get a ONN system this weekend and start the major downloads and settings and add-ons and all that good stuff.

1 Like

Have disliked firesticks for quite a while now, for all the obvious reasons, but fear not thereā€™s always the devices like the T95Z. Which Troy recently reviewed, that can probably be had for less than the cost of a miserable firestick.

1 Like

I had three. they now reside in the land fill. Went to a different device that still runs android and can still side load,

just for info just loaded the new firestick max all loaded up no problems at all

2 Likes

Lol SMH - Been Streaming Since 2012 and I have to say I have Seen and Heard Just about Every thingā€¦One thing is definitely for sure - ( Ignore the Rumors ) Stream on however your streaming and Donā€™t Worry about the ( Rumors ) This world of Streaming is way bigger than you think and Itā€™s always going to be Hurdles to jump and some changes but Nothing to worry About.!!! God Bless All you

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been streaming for about the same amount of time, but you have to realize some of these dinosaursā€¦er dudes, go back to the days of monthly-updated codes and modified satellite Charlie boxes. I even remember the ā€œsilver bulletā€ youā€™d screw into the cable port, though I was too young and poor to purchase one.

And without work-arounds, side-loading with developer access, and other shenanigans, would this hobby really be as interesting?

3 Likes