Firestick turns off

good “Evening” again …

first of all, this a different firestick …

i just reset to factory settings, then updated it but after downloading few apps (downloader, troypoint, mx, kodi), then downloaded “unlinked” (bee, cinema, etc …) but after that the firestick turns off (it is NOT rebooting) i have to unplug and plug back but does not last 1 minute (using its own cable and plug not any cable extension) …

the remote Does work …

any suggestion? …

as always, thanks for your always prompt responses …

(jaime javier)

Do you have another power brick and cable you can try? I would also delete the last app you installed if you can. 1 minute isn’t much time to get at anything. Perhaps check and make sure “sleep timer” is off in the settings. I know you just did a factory reset but if you had time to install all that stuff and this suddenly happened then I’m leaning towards doing another factory reset and then when you get up and running install an app like defsquid.com first and after each app you install do a virus check with defsquid. I do that and when I installed cinema hd I made a rookie mistake and got it from a site I didn’t vet, and it had 12 malware/adware/spyware modules. Needless to say I didn’t open it and uninstalled it immediately. I hope that isn’t the case here.

2 Likes

…also might to try another hdmi cable

2 Likes

forgot to say that installation was kind of one or two apps and would turn off but interestingly started happening after installed “unlinked” so will remove it and check …

let’s see what happens …

thanks …

Please let everyone know. I for one am curious.

You also might have run out of storage.

1 Like

ok …

so, i just reset to factory settings, reinstalled surfshark, downloader, troypoint, etc… i have been using it for ∓ 30 minutes and has not turn off so i do not know what was happening before …

thanks to those who recommend doing a factory reset again …

as always, thanks again …

Please make it a habit to scan every freshly installed app,before you open and use it, with a virus scanner. This will help to keep you, and your devices, as well as info, a little more safe.
Thank you for letting us know.

ok …

so, i just reset to factory settings, reinstalled surfshark, downloader, troypoint, etc… i have been using it for ∓ 30 minutes and has not turn off so i do not know what was happening before …

thanks to those who recommend doing a factory reset again …

as always, thanks again …

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.