Firestick os 7.0 Can't See USB Drive

Ok got an immediate answer:
You are not going to see the storage size on a 4K fire stick inside the settings… The only thing you’re going to see is the USB icon next to the app in applications… The only Firestick that you will see the storage in the settings is on devices that are running fire OS 7…

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m sure you know of Troypoint and his devotion to the Firestick. He has never mentioned that and has had instruction on how to load the extra storage and that is what I have been following all this time.

But there are various FireTV OSs and the one that works best is the FireTV OS 7 Max. Each one is different and you have to know exactly what you have in order to get the info you need.

No, I just purchased a Firestick 4k max and that was worth less aggravation and the hours I spent trying to resove the issue.

Good choice imho. Have fun and Stream On.

I have a firestick 3rd gen and a 4K. I have expanded the storage on both with 32K flashdrives. I would say that there is a step you are missing. Could it be the type of flashdrive you are using? I had a problem with a Lexar so I bought sandisk flashdrives and made sure I formatted them before I started the process and works perfect. I followed Troypoints instructions. Step away from it for a few days then try again :blush:

Yeah I think ppl overthink it… just cuz it doesnt hv a designated storage area or show it, they think it doesnt recognize or work…
(& splittng the drive doesn’t help the confusn)

I use 2 seperate drives, intrnl/extrnl (even this way your still restricted to 4g at a time, cuz of the fcat format)

My 4k OS 6’s & 7’s (no max’s) record the same, only diffrnc is the storage view area on the 07’s (that i dont use anyway) the drives always show in a file mangr

The only formatng ive done was for small intrnl storage drives to keep stiks freed up (formatted wth stik)

For recrdng, just a reg decent size drive, no formating, no rufus, no adb splitting (just a right off the shelf drive for recrdng), but like i said i use 2 seprt drives wth a 3-usb adapter…

Not the only way, just my way

hth…

Westy, I have 3 drives, all three are SanDisk 3.0 32 g. One was a virgin and two I had used to expand external storage on 6.0 firesticks. The one thing I did not try which someone suggested here is downloading a file manager on my firestick 4k 7.2.4.2 os. Instead I purchase a 4k max firestick and it was a simple process.

1 Like

I just installed new 4K Max with OS 7.2.2.5. Now how to install the 64gb USB stick so that I can move installed apps to it? I tried to follow instructions posted on web and it formated on the firestick as I selected device storage but when finished it shows 0gb of 0gb. When formated to external storage it show 64gb of 64gb. What am I doing wrong. I thought this was supposed to be easy in the new Firestick.

1 Like

Yes, that is the file I followed and like I stated before when I format as “internal storage” USB storage indicates 0gb available of 0gb. When formated to “external storage” it indicates 64gb available. Here is where I am stuck. I getting to the point that I am sorry I purchased the new Fire TV 4K Max. I can’t even dowload the Troypoint Downloader App. There is something definitely wrong here either with the stick or me, that’s for sure. Someone please help here.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.