Firestick misery

I have gone thru the process of adding a 256G sandisc thumbdrive to my firestick as per the instructions on Troypoint. It was formatted to Fat 32 as required. I have followed the instructions VERY carefully and it shows up in the settings on my stick. New apps loaded appear with the “memstic” icon next to them

When I open my firetv, there is the USB drive

however when I click on it it looks pretty empty

of course if I plug it into my PC it says not formatted so I can’t see whats on it.

The other problem is recording to it. I cannot find it with Xplore File Manager… not sure what I should be looking for but I can’t find an external drive of any kind. with 256GB.

If I open the app manager above I see all the apps that are “supposedly” on the usb drive but clearly they arent.( I don’t think) as shown below.

I know this is a long post but I would really love some help with this issue…
I have gone thru all the steps for this setup several times and clearly I am doing something wrong but I cannot figure it out
Huge thanks for any ideas.

I will be following your post. I am having some learning issues with X-plore also. https://firetvsticks.com/ has two tutorials on X-plore you might want to watch.
HOW TO USE A FILE MANAGER | X-PLORE ON ANDROID & AMAZON FIRESTICK | FIRE CUBE - FireTVSticks
You searched for X-plore - FireTVSticks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.