Firestick 4k max problem

I have a firestick 4k max and a wifi 6 router but when I go to analiti it says it’s only in 5ghz how do I get it to go to wifi 6 ?

Settings/network click on the 6 setting network (ssid) name and enter your password.

2 Likes

In router or 4k max?

1 Like

@doggpound

The 4kmax.

1 Like

There is no wifi 6 option for network it’s all under the same name spectrum wifi 6 router won’t let you change any settings. But wifi 6 works on my phone just not on firestick

I don’t see that setting in my max

@Dolphinsfan1113
@doggpound

The router should have what’s called auto tether, with that set to automatic it will auto connect to the best setting for your device.

I recommend turning it off that way you can see all three networks. 2.4 5 and 6.

It will showup in your wifi settings. Show all networks to make sure the router is the one your connecting too.

1 Like

But on the router it has 2.4GHz 5GHz and 6GHz that the WiFi 6 is, so you should be able to choose whichever one you want in settings/network. If you don’t see it then click the See All Networks and find it. They may be all called the same but one will have
_2.4
Then
_5
Then
_6
So lets say your network is called “infinite”
You will see
INFINITE_2.4
INFINITE_5
INFINITE_6

1 Like

@Miki

He won’t see that if auto tethering is on, it will auto connect to one of those if the connection is supported.

I can’t speak for all routers and modems but it is an option. I know this as I had to change setting in my modems bios.

1 Like

That’s odd. I’ve never heard of automatic tethering on a modem only when say using a phone as a hotspot.

1 Like

@Miki

It may not be that way for every router or modem, but when you can’t see the networks as as described, that would be why.

That’s exactly why I read up on what router I have,make myself an admin, change the ssid, password, and channel settings after using the necessary tools. I can’t even find a router model with this option to read up on, so it can’t be many routers that use this setting or even have it, but good to know. Now I wonder if the OP got this resolved.

If looking for 6ghz you will need a wifi6e router, which is not supported in 4k max.

Not entirely sure what you’re referring to or saying. If you have a WiFi 6 modem and your IP supports it, the 4K Max has the coding for, and will run, WiFi 6.

Have wifi6 router, has no 6ghz frequency. To get 6ghz frequency a wifi6e router is needed. Router’s app should tell what devices are connected and what frequency is being used.

@Chas00

The topic creator has indicated he has a wifi 6 router.

He also may be to far away from it to get wifi6. Waiting to hear back from @Dolphinsfan1113 about what’s going on.

It’s a spectrum wifi 6 router my other compatible devices will use wifi 6 but not the firestick 4k max. The router just uses 1 name they won’t let you make different ones for 2.4 ghz or 5ghz or wifi 6. My firestick is only 1 foot away from it.

@Dolphinsfan1113

If your isp supports wifi 6 from the modem and have a capable router then it should auto connect to the best one 2.4 5 or 6.

If you don’t see the network it’s auto tethered, I’m not sure beyond that why it’s doing that other than are you sure you have the 4k max with 6 support?

1 Like

Yes I am sure I have right one. I it should auto select like the other devices do. But when I go into analiti and scan it says on 5 ghz

Are you sure your IP has WiFi 6. Not all do.

1 Like