Firestick 4k Max Battery issues

Anyone else having battery issues with the remote for the Firestick 4k max?
Batteries are lasting about 24 hours. (and no, that’s not continual use).
Contacted Amazon and they are sending me a replacement remote. (Glad I did not have to send the Firestick back after loading numerous apps). Was not able to determine why the remote would run a batter dry so quickly.

Never heard of that. Only thing I can think of is an internal short that is draining it.

I am having all kind of strange things happening with max remote cursor. Jumping all over place, very short clicks help, then it stops and you have to wait for the buffer to catch up !! I will try good new batteries.

this happened to me once back when there was the fire tv dongle which came out after the 2nd gen firestick. i, too, also had to get a replacement remote. battery would die every 2-3 days.

With the first release of the Max there were many reports of remote batteries being drained in a day. Anyone contacting Amazon was given a replacement. I’ve not heard of an explanation from Amazon.
I did a little research and some people have found that doing a Firestick remote reset seemed to solve the issue hinting at the fact it may be a firmware issue and resetting the remote will update the remote’s firmware.

2 Likes

Never had a problem with the remotes over the years and my 4k max is working great.

Me either, but some have had issues with the Max remote.

I have two Maxs and have had no problem with the battery or anything else. As Miki says there were some early problems with battery drainage. I would try as Miki suggest, to reset the remote. If you still have a problem get hold of Amazon.

3 Likes

First 4k max remote cursor jumping all over, amazon sent second remote same. Amazon sent new 4k max same problem, 3 different remotes and two different 4k max , sent back they let me keep first remote. I thought I would wait a while and try again. When It did work it was noticeably faster. Oh the first remote we did reset on still had problem then after tech chat blew me off for several days so called again and ask for the second 4k max. So i still don’t have 4k max this was 2-3 weeks ago or more. Glad somebody’s is working. I have 2-4K. And 4 more not 4k - with power and volume and 1- firetv built in to tv it is rather slow compared to 4k. Love these things but would like a couple of the 4k max on main TV’s. Every TV in house has one. Thinking about putting two on a couple this and doing pip for front door cam or all cameras. Currently have 8 POE IP Cameras and have IP Camera app on every Firestick and my phone this awesome, virtually every room in house has tv and can easily se the 8- IP cameras but most handy for front door camera.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.