Fire TV Gurus, I need your assistance

I have a second Gen, Fire TV Cube with both Debloat Toolbox and Update Blocker activated. Now when I try to watch stuff on Prime Video it says I must update my app to continue. What should I do? I watch movies on Prime Video quite often but I also want to be able to use both Launch Manager and Wolf Launcher.

Thank you all for your sage advice and direction. Happy Memorial Day.

Going forward and with the direction Amazon is going, you will either have to put up with escalating levels of “stuff” that will not work or update. Many of it’s modules are becoming “protected” and nothing you can do about it. Security is also a concern because you won’t get the patches that will plug the “holes” in your security. I have the Max and I’ve given up on the Wolf launcher. I have one word to say if you want to continue making your own decisions about how you use your device and how you configure it. That word is ANDROID.

2 Likes

@Anonymous, you can do all of the things you want and more, just not with an Amazon firestick or cube. I can assure you your goals are easily achieved with several devices. On the low priced end I use a TiVo Steam 4k on sale $10 off at Amazon $29.99 until June 2nd. On the high end I use an Nvidia Shield Pro which is wonderful $199. @Miki don’t give up, things change. I also have a Cube, updated and it’s ok. I moved the blank icon which is Wolf Launcher to front on the Cube and click it. Amazon is not the cure all, end all. Kodi is hard and there is life after Kodi or Syncler or Real Debrid. @Miki is right, Stremio with Torrentio Add-on plus an IPTV service (see Troy’s list) or some m3u links and you are golden, until you’re not…because all things change! Staying current doesn’t make anyone wrong, just current.

1 Like

So far, I’m not having any significant issues with the Amazon updates. Don’t know what the future will bring, though. The killer for me would be blocking sideloading (of course). Until then, I’ll continue allowing the updates.

2 Likes

Check my post about the ONN box.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.